Thread: baby/kid friendly land based goldy or brissy

baby/kid friendly land based goldy or brissy

g day all
    was about to head off this morning to my little spot under the bridge at coomera and the missus comes out with a long face.with a 4wk old baby and 3 and nearly 2yr old i say did ya wanna come.and she replies it be nice.so im back to square one.we are in toowoomba but dont mind the 2hr trip either way to brissy or gold coast.as a still green horn ive only fished the goldy.what im after is a shady park next to a fish filled river(arnt we all)i guess most of you guys know what im after,all advice appreciated.i fish with bait but am keen to try plastics,.whats worse is now we will go tommorrow and id pencilled in to watch my beloved afl bulldogs play the hawks on telly.is there any justice in the world.regards john

Re: baby/kid friendly land based goldy or brissy

there is a nice park on jabiru island near paradise point has a swimming enclosure, swings, bbqs, its good for kids, and has some good fishing all around aswell, i take the missus and kid down there often, good luck.
    http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&s...=UTF8&t=h&z=14
    here is a map from the freeway if you need it

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Up at the Spit, the calm water 'inlet' is a great place to fish. It has lots of trees around the banks, which provide a lot of shade and is one of my favourite places to fish. There's tonnes of whiting in there, and if they're hard to find, just berley with some bread and prawns. Plus there's yabby banks all along it, which can easily provide enough for a day's fishing.

Hope that helps,
    Kaidon
    Conservation NOT preservation!

Lots of places along the inside of Bribie Island that are kid safe and you can catch a few fish there too.
    My pick of places though is in Ningi Creek, access south from Toorbul. Lovely shaded grassed areas in a very quiet part of the area. No big dropoffs in the creek so the kids are relatively safe. Catching a feed from there is not too much of a problem 90% of the time.
    Jack.

Anywhere along the River at Noosa,very Kid friendly lots of parks. and you can usually catch fish.
    Paulo