Thread: Soft Plastics for Mulloway/Jew?

Question Soft Plastics for Mulloway/Jew?

Heading up the place I know where there are Jew...only problem the place is filled with sml Bream (15 - 25cm) and when you chuck your bait for Jew...the bloody things pick the baits off before the Jew can get to them!

I am thinking of trying SP's for Jew...as they shouldn't be affected by the Bream and the hard bodies I don't think will get deep enough for where they are holding.

Anyone caught jew on SP's? If so, what ones would you recommend?

Mike L.

Re: Soft Plastics for Mulloway/Jew?

hey mate saw a show the other weekend where they wer pulling heaps of jew out from under this bridge on a gulp 4 inch swimming mullet.
    you coming to NPD on sunday for an arvo sess??

yeah mate...Hope you don't mind me crashing the sess...

I have some Squidgy fish in a few different colours...

Have to see the accountant (wife) to see if I can get more All my other SP's are like 2-3in...not really big enough for 70-80cm Jew...

Can't help on the SP side of things but you could try getting some big live baits. Big Whiting, Mullet and Squid usually last longer around the bream. Live Herring are a great Jew bait but you'll have the same problem with the bream and they're not to hardy.

Just another option.

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

nar mate your not crashing, just maybe adding to the number embarrased fishos standing on the bank at npd cold and fishless but lets hope thats dosent happen.
    ive got a couple of mags at home with alot of jew info ill have a look thru them again tonight to see what everyone else is useing for them

oh an i heard somewhere that yellow tail pike live or dead wer a gun bait also

6 inch shads is what you want mate.....White is a very good colour also.

Pete

Some of the bigger paddle tail squidgees deffinately work and the bream wont touch them colours thats another issue i alse think lighter colours are the go except in dirty water go for green/ yellow just my opinion mate..matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Have you tried catching bream (legal size of course) and using the filet's of them? Apparently bream wont eat there own. I don't know if thats true or not.

Cheers, Mick.