Thread: Global Warming provides Coldest july day in 20 years??

Global Warming provides Coldest july day in 20 years??

So... is it Global warming or global freezing? Can they have it both ways?

Confused!!

Adam

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=64975

Victoria, NSW shiver through cold blast

Tuesday Jul 17 15:31 AEST

Victoria and New South Wales are in the grip of a cold snap that has produced some drastic weather patterns.
    Snow dusted parts of regional Victoria today as temperatures plunged and a strong cold front sent a shiver through the state.
    Further north, Sydney was also at the mercy of winter, lashed with its coldest July morning for more than twenty years.

"The cars are fully covered with snow. It's the first time I've ever seen it like this. It's the coldest it's been in about nine years," Ms Bradley said.
    Throughout the day, motorists were urged to drive carefully with icy roads reported in affected areas but the RACV said call-outs had remained close to normal levels.
    State Emergency Service (SES) spokesman Allan Briggs said increased winds in alpine areas meant residents should exercise caution on the roads.
    "Drivers should be extra cautious on rural roads because there could be a lot of debris, like trees and branches, lying around," Mr Briggs said.
    Meanwhile, the Sydney city temperature dropped to 3.7 degrees — and was recorded as low as minus 3.7 in the north-west — in the chilliest morning since 1986.
    With a continuing high pressure system producing clear skies and low winds, tomorrow could be even colder in Western NSW and snow is a possibility.
    Last edited by Adamy; 17-07-2007 at 11:19 PM.

Re: Global Warming provides Coldest july day in 20 years??

Good Post Adam...Ask Blaze how bloody cold it has been here....we had 6 days of frost here last week.....

Cheers Mick

IMO it's just a weather cycle. I think global warming is just another Y2k con job so someone can get rich/er.

Quote Originally Posted by snelly1971 View Post
    Good Post Adam...Ask Blaze how bloody cold it has been here....we had 6 days of frost here last week.....

Cheers Mick
    frosts and bloody rain and more rain, did I mention it was also cold

Thats why they call it 'climate change' nowadays. 'Global warming' is too specific!

Quote Originally Posted by bushbeachboy View Post
    IMO it's just a weather cycle. I think global warming is just another Y2k con job so someone can get rich/er.
    Finally someone who thinks like I do about this. We, as humans haven't been here recording conditions long enough to be able to predict accurately patterns of weather let alone what happened for the last million or so years. The evidence maybe there to say we have had an effect on the overall climate in some way shape or form.
    Having seen reports of Global Warming, storm activity and all thrust at us every waking hour for the last few years it's hard to believe anything else. Problems arise for the Global warming people when reports come in about drilling samples being analized to say that 1,000 years ago there was a drought for 25 years broken by huge floods.
    I haven't got an opinion either way when it's all boilled down though. There's the pro side saying we are doomed and the against side saying we don't know for sure. It's like the Scientist v's the Christian on evolution v's creation. Neither can prove beyond reasonable doubt what caused us to be here. Similarly, science can't prove or disprove what's happening with the environment because they weren't here thousands or millions of years ago to see what went on in relation to lengths of droughts etc. The other point is, who is it left to prove one way or the other...the scientists, enough said,

I for one am looking forward to Global Warming down here....Sea temp rises 5 deg ...gee that would be nice....Climate temp rises 5-7 deg...Gee that would be nice...eh Blaze...

Cheers Mick

I like the way that the doomsayers always pick a time that far into the future that none of us here today will be around to kick their bum if they have got it wrong.

In the meantime they seem to be making a very comfortable living out of telling us it's going to happen, beats the hell out of working for a living in the real world . Many years back they burnt such people at the stake.

Whilst we do need academics to further our civilisation, global warming seems to be a pretty good scam for scoring a government research grant.

It's funny how ppls perception changes over a short period of time, 24 months ago had anyone utter a word in the face of global warming would be ream. But it does seems there is an air of doubt in all the doom sayer words nowaday.
    This morning as my butt was thawing out, I'm seeing my dream of pulling up 15kgs of red of the barwon bank disappearing into the distant, and the global warming issue might be just another academic driven scam.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Yes they can have it both ways but only as long as the same piece of string is used to measure both extremes under the global warming theory.

cheers fnq

I agree with the academic scam to a certain extent I do belive that summer temperatures are creeping up but not due to the global warming cause scientists claim. I believe the earth is going through a cycle after all wasn't it supposed to be extremely hot in the days of the dinosaurs? Than we had and Ice age and since then the Earth has been warming, whether or not humans have had an effect of global warming is negligable, with the cycles of the past whose to say what humans are responsible for when it comes to the weather?

At first I was a true believer in the whole Global Warming issue.

Now I think I have been the victim of scam.

Louis

Is it a scam! Yes it is to a certain extent. In a hundred years time, and we will all be dead by then, you will only see a two percent difference in every 20 years at its current rate. For the last 4.6 billion years the climate has changed in so many ways too where the world has blossomed and extinction has been relevant right across the board through out the beginning of life itself.
    It's true the earth has stored co2 in its various forms for example, trees, decaying marine life, which is a never ending story. But to say that humans are contributing to the global effects which we think we are responsible for, which in fact it's been happening for as long as palaeontology has suggested. This is just my opinion, but there is no doubt the world is heating, and if we were here or not i don't think it makes any difference at all.
    I would also say with the massive releases of carbon in the last hundred years, may just have pressed the accelerator for what was going to happen in the normal cycle of the earth.
    But what ever the case may be, and no one really knows for sure, its all just a guestimation (sorry for the made up word) cause nobody can predict the future.

Minno