Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Southern Bay M & G. rejigged.

Southern Bay M & G. rejigged.

Have been asked by a few (must be shy) to put up this idea?????
    About holding a Southern Bay M & G, with the aarea say from Raby Bay across to Amity and South to Coochie and Macleay.
    I'm sure the boys at Vicky Pt Vmr wouldnt mind the event being run from their establishment and using their facility and surrounds for a BBQ after.
    Could be run on similiar rules to the R2M, with this area yielding a varity of species in Summer or Winter.
    So if your interested in the idea or keen, let fly with your remarks.
    Someone would have to take the bull by the horns and run and organize the event.

( sorry to those people who's posts I deleted. I re-jigged this thread now that it seems to be a goer and we have good support. Contact will be made with Victoria Point VMR as they have a great area to setup a BBQ. I think we should tie this in with the Ausfish Xmas drinkies thing. That is, we can have the fishos do their thing and after the weigh-in and prizes ( on sunday morning ), have a BBQ that everyone can attend. Families are always welcome. More info will come hand as we get it. ..... Phill )

regards
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 28-07-2007 at 10:37 AM.

Southern Bay M & G. rejigged.

Hi All;

Here are the details

M&G Southern Bay

Date: 8th - 9th Dec 3pm Saturday to 11 am Sunday

New Moon on the Mon 10th

Tides: Sat L 3.10pm H 8.30pm Sun L 2.38am H 9.16am
    Held out of Victoria Point (VMR) also has 2nd ramp near Ferry if gets to crowded.

Boundaries: Raby Bay to Amity down to bottom of Macleay Island back to Victoria Point ( see map)

Rules/Classes;

1: Best fish over 3kg
    2: Best fish 1kg to 3kg
    3: Best fish 1kg and below

That should give everyone plenty of options with either bait or plastics etc

cheers
    Mike
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 28-07-2007 at 10:32 AM.

Re: Southern Bay M & G. rejigged.

Hi All,

Contact has been made with the Viccie Point VMR, I attended Lloyds radio course today and he is very happy to have it, so Ill confirm that and post other info shortly,

Ive included some maps for those who dont where Victoria Point is, basically head out to Victoria Point and then follow Colburn Avenue right to the end and turn left. Also the relevant maps in Beacon to Beacon are around Map 81

cheers
    Mike
    Last edited by Tangles; 28-07-2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Added maps

Blue is for boat ramps.

Red is for BBQ area.

Pink is for car parking.

Brown is for playground.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

What's the light blue??
    Sorry...couldn't resist.
    Did you pick blue for the boat ramps because that's what happens on Sunday arvo's at the ramp??

So some clarification may be needed in the categories.
    ie best fish 1-3kg...does that mean if you catch a 1 and 1/2 kg whiting that'll trump a 2kg squire??
    Last edited by finga; 01-08-2007 at 12:28 PM.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

The ' Light Blue " is a No Go Zone !!!!!
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi Finga,

good point mate but I wanted to keep species out of it, just to clarify, best fish of whatever species between 1-3 kilos, doesnt matter what species, so the 2 kilo snapper would trump the whiting.

Saying that if someone managed to catch a whiting of that size, one word 'respect'. Ill be adding other categories shortly for kids as well, which I was thinking would cater for whiting etc.

cheers
    Mike

Sounds great, count me in for sure. Why not have a small fee to cover Bar b que and costs or if that doesn;t sit well I;ll throw in $50 to help with costs

G'day. You can put me down for this one Mike weather pending. If I win lotto in the meantime I will be a definite because I will by an "all weather" boat with my wads of cash. If I don't win lotto then I guess I may well have to look at my options because I can't very well sleep in #2 now can I unless someone lets me tie off on their much bigger boat and let's me spend the night on their luxury cruiser.

Poodroo

Chief, thanks for the offer mate, have some ideas for the bbq ( which I want to work out with Viccie Pt VMR, will post details when finalised, (I'll certainly keep your offer in mind) and Poodroo, mate you could always take your tent and have a quick kip on Coochie beach, or just not sleep

cheers
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    I can't very well sleep in #2 now can I unless someone lets me tie off on their much bigger boat and let's me spend the night on their luxury cruiser.

Poodroo
    Pull #2 up on the beach. Flip over and hey presto instant tent. Just have to remember to take all the sinkers out before hand as they might hurt falling on ya noggin' in the middle of the night
    PS don't forget to put the anchor out just encase of a cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post

So some clarification may be needed in the categories.
    ie best fish 1-3kg...does that mean if you catch a 1 and 1/2 kg whiting that'll trump a 2kg squire??
    1.5kg whiting would trump a 2kg squire any day - at least in my books!! Probably pull harder and taste better too!! and um yes... RESPECT!

Sounds like fun... thanks for putting your hand up Mike!

have BBQ-ing apron - will travel

Cheers,

Adam

If I caught a 1 and 1/2kg whiting it should be respect...anybody else they're just lucky buggers
    As for BBQ is there a BBQ in the park there or is it BYO BBQ as well??
    Mmmm just tasting the sausage sambos now

I would give the prize to a 700gm Whiting over a 2kg Squire
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

There maybe a special prize for a special whiting