Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Southern Bay M & G. rejigged.

Re: Southern Bay M & G. rejigged.

Greg i'll need a anchor wench for the day, leave sat arvo for a overniter.
    Now how many black cans can we devour overnite?????
    regards

Guys,

Unfortunately I can't be in the fish or make the BBQ but would like to drop by on Sunday avro if I get a chance. What time do you plan on staying until?

Thanks,

Dave

PS. If this is to be the official Xmas bash, have you though about posting items within the other reports, its a bit hidden at tghe moment.

Dave,

The Xmas drinkies is at the top of the ' General " page and also as a signature on my posts. It is also in the ' events calendar ".

And Now, it is also your signature

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hopefully the weather and wind will be kinder to us at this M&G than what the one at Bribie was.
    Harry_ho1 and I will be there at this stage with 4 others. We can't fish the saturday night (my work christmas party), but we'll be getting an early sunday morning start.
    Homerjrb
    Never enough time or days in the week to go fishing.

Aigutso (Mike),

did you get on to my Brothers work re trophies etc
    His name is Paul Owen as i said in the PM he's not the boss
    but should be able to help out.

Awards and Trophies - 850 Oxley Rd Oxley/Corinda

They are also online at http://www.awardsandtrophies.com.au

Craig

Only a week to go peoples.
    Better service the reels, polish the rod guides, bung some fuel in the boat, sharpen those hooks, polish those sinkers and lube those swivels up in readiness.

By the sounds there's going to be some good prizes for one and all so you have to be in it to win it I reckon.
    Besides that you get to meet some 'interesting characters' at the weigh in and BBQ
    Mmm sausage sambo's. I can taste them now :rolleyes:

Cheers then
    Scott
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I'm not looking good for a fish . GPS and sounder have decided to pack it in on consecutive trips and we are part way through rebuilding galley on the big girl. I will be down for a snag and catchup though
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

weather permitting me and the boy will be down for a fish sat arvo/night. catch up with ya's sunday.

in the case of nasty weather , what's the plan??

Jason.
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

With a group of us gathering a day after the rally, will we be continueing the rally on Sunday?

Probably a good chance to get some attention from other folk at the ramp, and also some of the locals who might just wander past.

Food for thought.

Harry
    I love the sound of reels screaming in the morning

Well time for an update ( this will be posted in the thread in General Section as well)

The important stuff , the BBQ!.. Viccie Pt Vmr are putting on for us a feast, starting off with 10 kg or so of prawns to be thrown on the bbq, first in best dressed so remember fishing stops at 11am . After that there is a as much as you like bbq meal with salad and snags and the like. If thats not enough well they will also be putting on savouries and finger food.. I reckon the plates will start to sizzle around noon.

The cost you ask?, Viccie Pt VMR are only asking for a donation, but i reckon we should make it a $5 buck minimum donation, more if you can afford it to cover their costs. Drinks will be $1 buck a can if you dont bring your own.

VMR will also be putting on some raffles like some waterside assist memberships which i hope we can all support.

Not that i really trust Seabreeze but its looking ok for Sat/Sun with it getting windy late Sun afternoon so hopefully we will have the best of it. If it does get windy or rainy we can have the bbq in the VMR boat yard now its been covered with a roof. Also if it does by chance get a bit blowy on the day, there is plenty of opportunity of doing a fish behind some islands and getting on the water.

PRIZES; wont give away too much as ive already mentioned some a while ago but apart from some rods and reels and tackle vouchers there will be some mystery prizes, small hint in the Southern Bay there is plenty of oppurtunities to do fishing related activities that dont use a hook and sinker

Anyway it looks like there will be a few of us having a bit of a fish and a great xmas bbq with family and friends ; If any of you are thinking of coming and haven't posted your interest yet please do as it will give Viccie Pt VMR and idea of how many to cater for, it may mean even more prawns.

Thought i'd repost the details of the M&G
    Date: 8th - 9th Dec 3pm Saturday to 11 am Sunday

New Moon on the Mon 10th

Tides: Sat L 3.10pm H 8.30pm Sun L 2.38am H 9.16am
    Held out of Victoria Point (VMR) also has 2nd ramp near Ferry if gets to crowded.

Boundaries: Raby Bay to Amity down to bottom of Macleay Island back to Victoria Point ( see map previously posted)

Rules/Classes;

1: Best fish over 3kg
    2: Best fish 1kg to 3kg
    3: Best fish 1kg and below

Kids
    1: Best fish (no species limits except has to be legal)
    2: Best Whiting ( legal of course)

BBQ is at the Viccie Pt VMR, just look for the Ausfish banner and the bbq,

cheers
    Mike
    Last edited by Tangles; 04-12-2007 at 12:09 AM. Reason: correction
    Tangles KFC

Hi there

Please put down GW, Myself (and the tiddlers) for the BBQ only though, Pete's work Xmas Party is on Saturday night and being the boss he really should turn up!

But - if it was up to me - bowling or fishing, fishing or bowling???? I know where I would be!

Cheers
    Janine

My last chance to put down a few words before i start the Journey North.
    Flying up First thing tomorrow Thursday 6th and wont have easy Internet access
    for most of the time i'm in town, but will try.

So i will see you all there on Sunday.

Craigie - Will give you a call after i arrive in good ol QLD.

Well done to Mike (Aigutso) and the Rest of the Organizers, A big thank you for
    Vic pt VMR for letting us use there facilities and hosting the BBQ etc.

I look forward to meeting you all for the first time. Also hope to then continue the meeting process and catch up again early in the New year as i have just been inform My Brothers Getting Married on the 29th DEC so i will be back up for that event and will have a few days spare up my sleeve. So will see what eventuates there, depending on what the rest of the Family has planned.

See you all on the Sunny Side

Craig

G'day

I'll be on water early hours sunday, will be leaving the BBQ no later than 1130.

See you all there

Dave

If anyone is interested i have a spare seat available.
    I will be leaving Vic Point around midday Sat and returning for the BBQ Sun.Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers Dazza

Who's going to win the prize for the biggest grinner???
    A 5kg grinner would be pretty impressive and would have to be in contention for the best fish over 3kg
    Well there's no stipulation for feral/vermin fish is there??
    Gees if Roz was able to come she'd be throwing back the snapper as she reckons they're just vermin...silly girl she is
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good