Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st there was PETA,,now theres SPOOF

Exclamation 1st there was PETA,,now theres SPOOF

i didn't know where to post this,,,,, i think it belongs in the Ripleys Believe It Or Not section,,,,

direct from Ron BRooks of Saltwater Fishing fame,, the following article was extracted,,,,,,,,i kid you not

PETA Protests Fishing

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) has a new program underway to protest fishing. Their “Turn in Your Tackle” campaign is designed to reach folks who may be relatives or friends of anglers. PETA plans to use the tackle they gather in future anti-fishing campaigns and displays. PETA is known for placing animal rights on a par with human rights.
    PETA gains members every year, and their main anti-fising campaign is designed to tell people that fish feel pain when hooked.

On another front, the Society for Preservation Of Organic Fruit (SPOOF) is meeting this week to talk about pain sensors on the skins of oranges. Small microphones have been placed in many large orange groves in Florida in an attempt to hear the mysterious sounds that an orange makes as it is violently and ruthlessly ripped from a tree limb…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i look at this,,,, and then i look at Chopjr,,,,,, is a 4 year old to young to learn to fire a gun?????????????????

choppa
    Last edited by choppa; 17-07-2007 at 03:30 PM.
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Re: 1st there was PETA,,now theres SPOOF

Ehhh. Their existence causes me pain, ban them.

"their main anti-fising campaign is designed to tell people that fish feel pain when hooked"

I fail to see how this would stop anyone fishing. I am sure they feel pain when a bigger fish or shark chews them in half too.
    I don't care if they feel pain, I don't see how that comes into it.
    What animal in the wild has a pain free death?
    Being killed by a fisherman is probably the best death they could hope for.
    Living off the land in the wild for a couple of years while your growing up should be as compulsory as school, then these wankers would be brougt into the real world.

If you read the PETA site they have all sorts of campgains going. One type resorted to entering schools and telling the children their Dad's were " Killers ". Yep, ya dad is a killer cause he fish's.

Can you imagine the issues this raised in the minds of the children ? Letr alone the problems it may have caused in the relationship between the family members.

I have searched Ebay for some time now looking for a very large " Commonsense Mallet " with which to embelish the mindset of groups like PETA. Send me the link as soon as anyone finds one !!!!

Trouble with PETA, if you ask " let he who is without sin, cast the first stone " the pebbles of this world would be unmoved.

Anyway, enough of this from me.

Phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 17-07-2007 at 03:56 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

do you think these are sane people, or people with a billion cats roaming their houses, ala crazy cat ladies

Ben,

I wish you were right about them. Unfortunatley PETA is a very strong organisation with BIG financial backing. They have recruited some highly influencial people and celebrities to back there ridiculous cause against fishing.(particularly in USA). I cant explain much more , but I read some interesting threads about them on another popular QLD fishing website last year which opened my eyes. I too thought they were a bunch of tree hugging hippies with no idea. but they are much more organised than that.

Unfortunatley they are going to be a BIG thorn if the fishing industries side for a long time.

steve

Fish feel PAIN...I will show them Pain when the Pricks are MASHED through my Burley bucket....Bloody do gooders ....

Mick

Stevo's right,

I know people who are donate regularly to PETA and they are perfectly normal, level headed people. I tell them that PETA attacks my sport and I treat fish very humanely, but the reason they donate is because of all the campaigns PETA undertakes to rescue tortured dancing bears, severely mistreated horses, dogs, cats, orangutans used as prostitutes, etc, etc.

PETA is a very smart organisations and DO have massive funding from people everywhere who care about animals.

Do we as fishos care about animals? I'm sure most of us don't thrash our dogs or torture fish for the fun of it ? Unfortunately, there is no way of stopping the money donated by people being used against us, even if those people giving the money are quite ok with sensible fishing practices.

I think the best defence is to keep the fishing for food agenda on the table as they really hate C & R just for the sake of it. I know because I read the newsletters.

Cheers,
    Mick.

PETA will never stop fishing they are pissing into the wind, there is just to many jobs at stake. And the government would miss out on a sh!tload of GST. So let em have a red hot crack.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthebox View Post
    orangutans used as prostitutes

Are you serious?????

I haven't heard of that one before!

Christ almighty I'd donate money to stop that happening and the other sh!t that happens, but lay off our fish!!

Jeff

Strange that several of their members, even some of the high up ones, are diabetics, but they still use insulin which is from Pigs.

I just bloody well ignore them and go fishing.

hang on,,,,,,hang on,,,,,hang on

your missing the purpose why i posted this thread,,,,SPOOF,,,, microphones in oranges,,,,, PAIN,,,,,,,,, ohhhhhhhh

we all now about PETA,,,, phil's correct on his reply,,,, i posted an article in the news section awhile back that they even have a comic book which is distributed to schools depicting the kids family as mercenary killers if they answered YES to a questionarre that someone in their family fishes,,,,,,,,,WTF,,,

but SPOOF now has my interest,,,,,, if they can hear an orange cringe in pain as its picked of a tree,,,,well the old saying about a bear in the forest will certainly become a myth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Ben,

I wish you were right about them. Unfortunatley PETA is a very strong organisation with BIG financial backing. They have recruited some highly influencial people and celebrities to back there ridiculous cause against fishing.(particularly in USA). I cant explain much more , but I read some interesting threads about them on another popular QLD fishing website last year which opened my eyes. I too thought they were a bunch of tree hugging hippies with no idea. but they are much more organised than that.

Unfortunatley they are going to be a BIG thorn if the fishing industries side for a long time.

steve
    I totally ignore all green groups..I don't care what areas they want fishing stopped in..I will fish where I want to fish and stuff the consequences.
    I think I might start a counter group...FART..Fisherman Against Rampant Twits.