Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: What a waste

Re: What a waste

On occations i commercially fish for barra in the gulf rivers. The fella i go with has been fishing the rivers mainly around Norminton for over 35 years and in that time he has heard of barra dieing in the colder months but never seen it.
    He's just returned from up there and was fishing the Flinders river and the Bynoe. The Flinders is a shallow river and he saw hundreds of barra die in it this year due to the cold, the bynoe is alot deeper and there were no dead barra there.
    If the barra have died so far north in there natural rivers, then it only stands to reason that impoundment barra will also suffer. This is the first time he's seen this in 35 years ...foxy

Quote Originally Posted by dfox View Post
    On occations i commercially fish for barra in the gulf rivers. The fella i go with has been fishing the rivers mainly around Norminton for over 35 years and in that time he has heard of barra dieing in the colder months but never seen it.
    He's just returned from up there and was fishing the Flinders river and the Bynoe. The Flinders is a shallow river and he saw hundreds of barra die in it this year due to the cold, the bynoe is alot deeper and there were no dead barra there.
    If the barra have died so far north in there natural rivers, then it only stands to reason that impoundment barra will also suffer. This is the first time he's seen this in 35 years ...foxy
    Thanks for your contribution foxy, its what we have said early.

This year we have colder weather and with other conditions ie. Drought and low river and dams we are bound to get dead fish.

Fact of nature, where you have live animals sometimes you get dead ones too.

This thread had a bad title to start with and some of the personal comments are a bit off key.

Think a few people need to take a look at the suffering all over Australia with the drought and be thankful that somewhere they can still go fishing.

A lot of farmers (no income) and rural communities (Little or no income) and as well people in the city seeing their yards and gardens dying arent kicking up like some in this thread.

About time this one closed down.

Have a nice day

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Big_unit View Post
    Im done with this, Ive said what I came to say.

I should have listened to the blokes who " have been there done that " and not bothered with this. I fully understand why these guys just dont participate in this kind of thing.................

Cheers
    James
    Talking about back tracking. I thought you said you were done dribbling in this thread and it was pointless. While we are directing personal attacks, lets ask you to keep to your word.
    Last edited by roydsy; 07-08-2007 at 11:48 AM.
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    Big_unit,

Why do you keep moving away from the subject? Just do what I bloody asked, which is to inform us of how you dug up Trev's very old post! Your digging your hole even deeper by calling me a Bantam Rooster (I did get a good laugh out of that BTW... I will remember that one for awile). But stop heading off on different tangents and do the simplest of things and tell us how old Trev's post is. It is that simple!

Again, I apologise for the lack of standard in my most recent posts on this thread, but I am wanting James to own up to the fact that he is talking pure and utter crap, aswell as twisting quotes and other peoples input! Angry? Far from it... just dissapointed that a Platinum member talks garbage!

Good luck James!

Theo.

Theo.
    You could do a search on Lenthall's topics and find it Theo. You may not want to, as you made some foot in mouth comments on that post as well.
    I think James is bringing it up, because a few months ago, Trev was saying put 'em in, put 'em in, now because a few have died, his knee jerk reaction is take 'em out, take 'em out. The true stocking cycle is much longer than some people can stay with a subject.

Folks this is going down hill fast.

I'm going to lock it up.

I thank Awoonga for starting such a great topic & everyone who has responded.

It looks like there is alot of passion out there about our fisheries, great to see.

Fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au