Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

Re: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

Tim, I think you are right. It is the same sort of results I got from trawwling back through posts to get the main points of them.

I for one did fill out a form and send a payment for the TFPQ but I received my letter back - which I cancelled the cheque payment and tore up the application form. Maybe I just don't get politics but if any minor party wants to get ANY recognition it needs to have a CLEAR AND CONCISE GOAL with LIKEMINDED INDIVIDUALS who WORK TOGETHER without oneupmanship, infighting or trying to usurp control.

All that has happened is a shattering of that exact requirement. I read people have put in time and money to do things, I then read those same people wanted more. I also understand from some of the comments standover tactics and borish bully behaviours were used to gain control over one section. I also read that someone had illusions of grandeur in trying to get to a FEDERAL position via a STATE election process - really how do these people remember to breathe?? Now NSW thinks it owns the world - how rediculous.

For now, all I see is this has condemend the QLD fisho to no go, no take, no fun, no anything zones all over the state. If this is the case, then I want them to repay me for my boat, my fishing gear and everything else fishing related. They blew any chance we had for a voice to stop the pollies cutting our grass so someone has to pay. My boat and gear will be basically worthless - the marine industry in this state will be shattered and non existant and thousands of people will be out of work, out of pocket - all because a group or ultimately someone wanted to Bat, Bowl, Field and Captain all at the same time.

I best go now and dust off my golf clubs - might be the only outdoors persuit I can do in the near future.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

Sorry guys

Busy day by the looks

Appears I timed out and lost the post &%^((, must learn to save

There will be a reply in due time but consider this from TFPQ web page>

Home
    Welcome To The Fishing Party Website! The Fishing Party (Qld) is the state branch of the federally registered Fishing Party with its national executive in Singleton NSW.

Bob Smith

Quote Originally Posted by RASA View Post
    Sorry guys

Busy day by the looks

Appears I timed out and lost the post &%^((, must learn to save

There will be a reply in due time but consider this from TFPQ web page>

Home
    Welcome To The Fishing Party Website! The Fishing Party (Qld) is the state branch of the federally registered Fishing Party with its national executive in Singleton NSW.

Bob Smith
    If thats correct, then this situation would be akin to Peter Beattie and the Queensland Branch of the ALP deciding they no longer liked the policies and constitution of the Federal ALP and deciding to change their name and go it alone.

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Bullock View Post
    If thats correct, then this situation would be akin to Peter Beattie and the Queensland Branch of the ALP deciding they no longer liked the policies and constitution of the Federal ALP and deciding to change their name and go it alone.

Derek
    And I bet that's been considered a few times over the years of labours ineffective national performance

What Bob doesn't realise, is that he may have the technical grounds to stop the progression of a group of forward thinking members wanting an open, accountable and democratic National Body, but he doesn't have the respect of members or the public to makeany further political progress as "The Bob and Friends NSW and National Fishing party"

Looking forward to seeing this constitution when you find it Bob.
    Last edited by Dicko; 07-08-2007 at 10:07 PM.

The whole saga is a rather sad implosion of what started with all good intent and all for the right reasons.

Form the Qld organisation...albeit with some reservation as expressed day one about the structure..with an expecation that Qld members would do what was best in respect of the state both state based and federally...heck, we even made an impact.

Now the potential for even bigger impact is clear TFPQ gets squeezed out and TFP Nsw looks to call the shots..............not without a seriuos blue it won't!

As to the question of has TFPQ lodged any objections to TFP...No we had not however now will be looking into what avenues exist.

If this all goes the way NSW and their band expect then TFPQ will cease to exist and the voter base, member base and media network will likewise dissapear...a shame.

One of the real tragedies is that we are/were weeks away from having the criminal convictions over green zone breaches dealt with.......it even made it into Hansard that the prime minister was looking into the matter....now we are a lame duck we have no more pressure to apply.

If we have to walk away from this we can do so with our heads up and sleep well at night knowing we gave it a fair go, made a difference and proved rec fishos can be politically millitant and politically powerful if given the right chance...the same can not be said for a group who see an opportunity and damn the consequences.

This federal election, with the cards falling as they are on the senate spots in Qld, minor parties, particularly if they are in control of a block of votes, will have an opportunity to exert substantial influence over major party policy....This is what is being frittered away............Don't you get it!! A chance for a better deal is about to be wasted on personal power games.

The phone calls over the last 3 years haven't been going to Bob Smith or Shane Boese...no relationships exist, no seeds have been sown, no agenda put forward.

We have met with Minister(s) Campbell, Turnbull, MPs Entch and Kelly, Prime Minister Howard, Shadow minister Garret, Senators Boswell, Joyce, Lucas and others...Federal candidates from Labor, Liberal, Greens and Family First...even good old Bob Katter.all lining up the "ducks in a row" for this election...and all this is what is about to be wasted by this stupid liitle power game of "I'll show them whose the boss, along with old mate...I'm off to Canberra"

This is not going to happen....it was never going to happen and all you are doing is stuffing up 3 years of positioning for a "shot at the title" with no consideration of what the party members, in Qld, even want. That's what s$#s me....at least the Qld model actually gives members a say!

While I hate the fact that this has to be a public brawl and no doubt our political opponents are well aware of what is going on the alternative.....say nothing and let this travesty just happen is not an option. I'd rather go down swinging than just lay down and die...the end result may well be the same but members will know we tried...just like we have on all sorts of issues and Qld'ers will understand this.

Bob should be revelling in our achievements and trying to emulate the Qld model, instead he does the opposite and it is little wonder TFP NSW has the reputation it currently enjoys.

KC

Let me see if like Tim I can sum this up... Tims' right, BPD is right, Derek is right (or rather correct) Dicko is right, KC is right and technically and legally Bob Smith has rights - which he is choosing to exercise.

But having rights and being right are two different things - just because you CAN doesnt mean you SHOULD.

IMO Bob exercising his "rights" is morally WRONG! He knows it and is now trying to justify himself by proving his "rights" - the message Bob is; WHO CARES!! No one cares about who has the rights - maybe Derek cause he likes that kind of stuff - but he's not a member and doesnt even live in QLD - he can vote for TFP NSW tho

What we care about is how are you possibly going to do better for QLD than TFPQ has done? - given the failures in your own backyard. Lets face it - you had some votes on the back of voter protests - but the shooters party who should be your natural ally kicked your butt, in other words; in the breakdown - if you were truly being effective - then you would have achieved similar results - as demographically the voting base is similar, with the shooters being a "lifestyle party".

So Bob - you may have "rights" but what you have to do is show Qlders that your decision is RIGHT and the only way you can do that is show us why we should support you - whats your plan for QLD? What have you accomplished in NSW? and why should we support you at all?

Now to stick the boot in a little further...... I noticed that certain starry eyed would be mutiny-ists have suddenly become VERY quiet - what are you waiting for?... Bob to win your argument for you?... Think you should also explain why supporting you and Bob is the right thing for QLD and QLD fishers. After all - you front up on the ballot sheet - its the voters (us) who will decide your fate - or lack thereof.

Forget about who has rights and lets look at who is DOING right!!

Adam

p.s Bob: Like Dicko I await my copy of the TFP constitution
    Last edited by Adamy; 07-08-2007 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Gramma n stuff

If the word "fishing" in the party name for AFLP is of concern to TFP which is based in NSW...I am wondering if they raised any concerns regarding there being the Australian Labor Party and Democratic Labor Party..these are noth listed on the AEC website as registered parties. Surely the word "Labor" is similar to what is being stated now.

What is the issue with TFP being based in NSW? All Federal parties have to be based somewhere. ALP and Libs are based in Canberra and call the shopts for the ALP and Libs for all states in Federal matters. It is exactly the same for TFP. It is based in NSW and thhe Federal branch calls the shots for the States in Federal metters. They appoint candidates for the States which know the State issues.

Adam, you are full of spite because you couldn't handle the well-meant criticism which was levelled at you when you took on the role of head of South Brisbane Branch of TFPQ. You have done nothing except open your trap and type on your keyboard with your smart arse comments. You don't have the right to criticise the former executive members of TFPQ SB who put so much of their own time and money into the fight.

They are doing the right thing and keeping quiet about this in the best interests of the party. Public slanging matches like this are only going to do further damage to the cause which we are all fighting for, only we are trying to get there by different means, and with our own personal agendas.

The fight isn't over yet Adam, so pull your head in and stop your shyte stirring. You are a hypocrite who while supposedly acting in the best interests of TFPQ, are only continuing to do it damage.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Just a point of correction Jeremy. Candidates (with the very rare exception of celebrity ones) are not selected by federal based organisations. They are selected at grass rootes level, by a member vote....this even includes the occassional branch stack to do so. The party executive then ratifies this nomination.

This is the basis of our original concerns with TFP NSW....members don't get any say in anything, ever..no AGMs no voting for a board, no voting on policy, nothing!!

While there is no issue with being NSW based there is an issue with it being NSW exclusive.....no input from other states welcome and no place on a federal executive for representitives of other states.......a closed shop.

Now we face a situation where they will impose that model on the Qld party....unacceptable.

In Qld we are ultimately under the control of members who can change the direction of the party at any AGM...as it should.

The members, our footsoldiers, booth workers...the very souls of the party are about to be completely ignored with little or no consideration of the end game...which will be a speactacular flop at the polls and no ability to sheet home the raft of policy announcements we can reasonabley expect from the major parties which would be fishing friendly..............just plain dumb!

KC

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    What is the issue with TFP being based in NSW? All Federal parties have to be based somewhere. ALP and Libs are based in Canberra and call the shopts for the ALP and Libs for all states in Federal matters. It is exactly the same for TFP. It is based in NSW and thhe Federal branch calls the shots for the States in Federal metters. They appoint candidates for the States which know the State issues.

Jeremy
    The NSW/QLD issue is a non event, of course it has to be based somewhere, the "where" is irrelevant under a democratic process & that type of thinking should be left for Sate of Origin time..

There are more important issues that are getting conveniently sidestepped.

Perhaps you can enlighten us a bit further into the workings of the "federal" side of things ?

When was the last AGM of the federal body ?

When is the next one ?

Which states were involved ?

What is the voting process for being elected to the federal executive ?

Do you have a copy of the minutes of any previous AGM's available for us "members" ?

Do you have a copy of the constitution to forward to the rest of us "members" ?

EDIT: oops. KC replied as I was, funny as they are still much the same unanswered issues raised.
    Last edited by Dicko; 08-08-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Adam, you are full of spite because you couldn't handle the well-meant criticism which was levelled at you when you took on the role of head of South Brisbane Branch of TFPQ. You have done nothing except open your trap and type on your keyboard with your smart arse comments. You don't have the right to criticise the former executive members of TFPQ SB who put so much of their own time and money into the fight.

The fightisn't over yet Adam, so pull your head in and stop your shyte stirring. You are a hypocrite who while supposedly acting in the best interests of TFPQ, are only continuing to do it damage.

Jeremy
    Yep - thats my problem with YOU Jeremy - you are FULL of FIGHT - of the violent type - thats why nothing you say here bears weight because people know you're nothing but a boorish bully who likes nothing better than to raise his voice and insert fists! And THATS in the BEST INTERESTS of the party?? Gimme a break!

Yes I'm "shyte stirring" because the antagonists having started the trouble should be drawn into the debate. How are their latest actions in the best interests of Qld and Fishing?. You keep going on about how they spent their own money blah blah as if its a big deal... Well its not! First of all they cant compare to how much the Qld state executive have spent - I have seen the ledgers - I KNOW!

PLUS its 100% tax deductible - everything he spends on campaigning is a tax deduction - even Shane's Haircuts are tax deductible if he is running for office so the whole... "Ohhh boo hoo.. I spent my own money" is a non event.

Oh and by the way as Kevin and Dicko have quite adequately pointed out - you are wrong - shows you know nothing about politics and the working of political parties.. so why bother... other than to make personal threats on me to make me back off... well its not working!

By way of adding support to well asked questions: Both Dickos and KC's have tremendous merit and should be answered. They are the very reasons that TFP will fail to gain Federal legislation as their house is not in order! In order to participate in a democratic society - you have to run a constitutionally sound and democratic party. IF the One Nation de-registration debacle has taught us anything it is this! - That being the case there will be no representation for Fishing at this coming election, in NSW, QLD or anywhere. And Bob and Shane's (and supporters) actions are all in vain and have killed off the fishing voice... Good one Guys! Single handedly killed it for everyone! You ought to be very proud!!

Cheers,

Adam
    Last edited by Adamy; 08-08-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Adam, still blowing off steam mate? You really do have ur knickers in a knot don't you

I am proud of the fact that I refuse to be bullied by others and stick up for myself and what I know to be true. But you know you are full of it when you make any claim about violence linked to me 'cos it just ain't true. The one threat of violence I made on Ausfish was a one off and naturally nothing came of it.

I readily admit I know verry little about politics and cannnot answer the questions posed by Dicko or anyone else. I am not on the 'inside' of the party, and never have been. I am just a supporter who put his hand up to do some work.

I am going to end my part in this debate with the following.

All of us here are passionate about sticking up for the rights of rec fishoes. We have alot more in commmon than what seperates us. Our passion is the reason we have been so vocal on here, asking questions that should be asked.

Let us all put aside our own agendas and personal differences and work together (again) for the common good of rec fishoes in Queensland and Australia.

I for one will now refuse to post any more negative comments about TFP/TFPQ or its people on ausfish. Anything negative I have to say will be done by PM only. I am not going to further damage TFP/TFPQ in a public forum. I will only contribute in the public forum in a positive and constructive way.

Anyone else with me?

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

so when did Shane throw his hat in the ring with the NSW mob??

I for one will now refuse to post any more negative comments about TFP/TFPQ or its people on ausfish. Anything negative I have to say will be done by PM only. I am not going to further damage TFP/TFPQ in a public forum. I will only contribute in the public forum in a positive and constructive way.

Anyone else with me?

Jeremy
    No, because there is more information both good and bad coming out here than us members have heard in a long time. Hopefully there is more information to come if Bob or anyone else from the NSW/Federal office can answer the questions raised or hopefully find a copy of the constitution and minutes of previous AGM's to clarify their internal workings.

(Anyone reading this care to send a copy to gonefishingtoday (at) hotmail.com please).

You guys have to keep the personal attacks out of it, or this post will probably end up in the trash bin, which would be a huge disappointment.
    Last edited by Dicko; 08-08-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    You guys have to keep the personal attacks out of it, or this post will probably end up in the trash bin, which would be a huge disappointment.
    Agreed. This is a good thread with good debate. Please keep the personal attacks out of the discussion.
    Regards

mod5