Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

Re: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

Quote Originally Posted by Reef_fisher View Post
    Right-e-o, now that things are sorted where do I sign up. web site would be helpful now with the name change.I had intended to sign up before and saw the cracks forming and held back, which in the end probably was a good thing. kc keep up the good work, I hope you have the strength to continue. To anyone else involved in this process good work also.

looks like it's coming..
    http://www.fishingparty.com.au/index.html

Re: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

I am with reef_fisher where do I sign up?

A new membership application form will be up on the web site on Wednesday.

Be great to have you aborad for the ride.

Should be fun.

KC

It's done. Gazetted today and below is the first press release of the campaign.

I have, since 1pm given 11 radio interviews with 4 more booked before 8.45 am Thursday.

Have spoken to stations in WA, SA, NSW, Can. and Qld with TV to do for 2 Qld and 1 Canberra show.

Also spoken to 4 political parties/candidates so it is very much Game on!

Regards

Kev

Media Release
    EMBARGOED UNTIL 7AM WEDNESDAY 29TH AUGUST 2007

PARTY OFFICIALLY REGISTERS FOR FEDERAL ELECTION
    The Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party today became one of the first minor parties to officially register as a contender for the Senate in the upcoming Federal Election.
    Formerly known as the The Fishing Party (Qld), the group has decided to open up its policy platforms to represent the interests of other lifestyle groups such as, 4WD’ers, campers and horse riders who use and enjoy the Australian outdoors.
    Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party Chairman Kevin Collins says the party’s main objective is to represent the rights of Australians who embrace an outdoor lifestyle as well as help protect the environment and keep it accessible.
    “We are committed to maintaining a sense of social justice for all Australian people who enjoy lifestyle pursuits such as fishing, camping and hiking without degrading the environment,” Mr Collins said.
    “For too long, the Greens have pushed environmental agendas which result in lock-outs rather than sensible, sustainable management of our National Parks.
    “These are our parks, they are not zoos.
    “While we believe the environment needs to be protected, we also believe it is a fundamental right for all Australians to be given the opportunity to enjoy what our county has to offer.”
    The Fishing Party (Qld) was a surprise success story at the previous Federal Election, outpolling both the Greens and the Democrats in electorates north of Bundaberg.
    In a political climate where preferences decided the outcome, the approximate 30,000 votes for The Fishing Party (Qld) had a significant impact on the balance of power in the Senate and effectively prevented the Queensland Greens candidate gaining the final Senate seat and removed the balance of power role enjoyed by Bob Brown.
    Today’s registration for the upcoming election marks the beginning of the Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party’s campaign for Senate seats across the country.
    Mr Collins said the Party prefers to run for the Senate as the method of electing Senators in Australia is more reflective of voters’ wishes than that of the House of Representatives.
    “We feel we have a real opportunity to defend the lifestyle Australians love, and challenge environmentalism that has gone to extremes in some cases such as the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority and now in Moreton Bay,” he said.
    An official launch for the Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party will take place in the near future. The date for this will be confirmed shortly.
    ENDS
    More information, contact:
    Bianca Green
    The Corporate Advantage
    Phone: 07 3844 7477
    bianca@thecorporateadvantage.com.au

KC

What happened to the website.

I posted up an extract from the Gazette earlier. http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=115590

Derek

It's up. Just checked but it is primative and getting updated again now. Just finished mission statement, some bios, have 3 people working now on a policy position document (all pretty motherhood and will firm up and adopt as official party policies at AGM)

New membership form is available. New graphics have been done but copyright not yet asigned so can not be posted.

Going like the clappers.

Kev

Cheers Kev

Hope with the new graphics that the "I fish and I vote" goes and that it encompasses all that the party is about and not just fishing.

Derek

Will send it to you for a look but can not be posted or released. Still focus testing and is not yet badged with required authorisation. Appreciate your feedback.

KC

Kev

Couple of small changes as suggested in my email. Apart from that pretty damn good. Fantastic colors as well.

Derek

Just back from Adelaide (bloody cold) and more of the same old same old down there with MPA's, no take areas and restrictions on all sorts of outdoor issues.

There is a small group of guys keen to pick up the ball down there and it reminded me so much of "us" starting as a meeting of 6 mates in a local tackle shop 3 1/2 years ago....and now we are 1200 strong and growing.

We are getting lots of interest from the press and lots from other political parties and individuals at present, from right across the country, so it will be an interesting couple of months.

This may end up being much toodoo about nothing or it may just be the start of something special.....The Empire Strikes Back

Interest in WA and NSW as well so lets see how thingsw pan out.

KC