Thread: Borumba - quick school report

Borumba - quick school report

Hi guys I am going to put a full report up on the club website soon , but I thought all you skeptics might want a look a this Toga I got today so you can brave the next cold morning at the next Toga school
    Told you they don't shut down in winter if you know what you doing , that why we have the school
    see you at the next one

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Re: Borumba - quick school report

Chris...my oldies rang me late Friday night informing me that they were arriving Saturday not Sunday...family first...see them once a year. Obviously it was MY loss . Great fish mate . Look forward to the full report and the next school.

Ed

No probs Ed , your right mate family first , there will be the last one next month then we will pick another species .
    I waited untill about 7:15 then the crew was getting restless

here is the instructions to the fly that I beleive is the go to fly for Borumba toga
    http://www.saltwaterflyfishers.org/p...-destroyer.php

Chris....i went to the tackle shop to buy some of the flies you mentioned prior. The gurglers aren't a commercially tied fly. As i don't tie flies do you know where i can purchase them from? That Toga must be at least a metre hey?

Ed

Ed give Gavin Platz at Tie N Fly a call , he has them in stock or will tie them on the spot for you , http://www.tienfly.com/%20

I measured that fish against my rod and then measured it when I got home , I would say give or take a few cm , that its around 90cm , easily my PB . I think my previous PB was 82 cm , this thing had heaps more girth to it , it is just a dead set dinosaur . I am and still am pretty stoked

That fly looks remarkably like a mouse.I've just got back into the fly fishing after many years and fish borumba pretty frequently.Thanks for the info,and i might tie a couple of them up myself.Ben

Hi flyfisho
    Q. When and where will the next school be held
    Q. can you post or pm. anymore info on fly comp at Macca's (briefing time, any other info other than what 's on SFFA website .
    Thanks
    COOLA
    ps. nice toga