I bought a small pflueger about 6 months ago to use with light line and sp on bream up here in Townsville. Although it is only 6 months old, it has never missed a beat and iI have caught some quality grunter and jacks on it easily enough. I don't know why but the water up here seems to be a helluva lot saltier than down south and only quality gear seems to last no matter how much maintenance you perform.

Compared to a shimano reel I had previously (same size, can't remember the model though) the pfleuger has been the better reel, I spent more than 3 times the amount on the shimano item yet it didn't even last 6months even thouigh it was meticulasly (spelling) maintained, rinsed, inox after every use.

For the price (about $70 AUS) the pflueger has by far been the best reel I have ever owned and continues to outperform mates reels that have cost a lot more to purchase.

Not knocking shimano, they are an excellent reel and I have many for different outfits but in terms of value for money pflueger will get my vote, so much so that nearly my whole family fishes with them now.