Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with a tinnie

Re: Help with a tinnie

Hi rapidred.

As Dan5 suggests above the quinnie explorer 385 is a great little boat.
    My old man just bought a new one with a 15 yammy on the back for $6 grand and also bought a sheet of ply and a couple of metres of marine carpet for the floor.
    He is about your age and is just making a return to fishing after about 20 years having not fished.So he looked around for a boat with a similar criteria as you have stated and the explorer fitted the bill.They are also a very stable boat for their size.
    Best thing he ever did was to buy this boat.It seems to have given him a new lease of life and he doesnt even care if he catchs fish or not.He just loves being out in his new pride and joy.

Happy boating and fishing

Scott

Hi rapidred,

I can't help you with a boat, however, as It was suggested in an earlier post the benefit of electric start and power tilt would definately be an asset to you.

I suffer from cerebral palsy and recently sold my 3.7m with a 15Hp which had electric start and power tilt fitted especially for me by a outboard mechanic friend of mine.

I have now upgraded to a New 4.1m tinny and 25HP 4 stroke with E/S and PTT.

Back to your original Question, if you were to get a licence, would be able to look at a few around this size with these features, for close to your $6000 mark.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Deecee3 View Post
    Hi Rapidred,
    Have you found a suitable boat yet?, I have a 3.4m Stacer, 2006 5hp 4stroke Honda, Fuel tank, trailer, New Bimini, New fishfinder (never been used), life jackets, Oars, anchor etc.
    The whole unit is ready for use, Both trailer and boat are registered and in excellent condition. I have used it only once medical reason for selling, owes me $3400 reasonable offer above $2600 acceptable.
    Kind regards,
    DeeCee3
    Deecee3
    This is a delayed response and thanks with apologies. Life tossed me one of those little curlers and fishing became less of a priority, at the time. Do you still have that boat as I could get interested it it.
    cheers and best wishes
    Rapidred1