Thread: freash or salt

freash or salt

was wondering the concencus on who preferes which, i prefer the salt, i think its the thrill of the endless amount of species available, to me fresh water is a little predictable. you kinda know what you going to catch. just me though, what does everybody reckon.

Re: freash or salt

I like the salt because I like a feed but I dont mind chasing a tassie wild trout because they make you work for them but taste like crap.
    cheers
    blaze

Spose it depends on where you live. I do fresh because its a 3hr drive to the salt. I never know how big or small that cod might be.
    wamjam

I probably spend as much time fishing both environments, however I love
    nothing better than tramping through the 'J' along the bank of a FNQ stream or
    river catching our natives.

Its salt for me. The taste at the end of the day is a lot more palatable in my opinion. I just like salty flavours i guess.

Jack

when its good boating weather i say salt
    any other time i say both

Daz

It's the salt for me.

Salt only for me....I coundnt think of nothing more boring than flicking a fly or cast/retrieving a lure....

Cheers Mick

i like both worlds, after a while fishing salt gets a bit repeatative and a stint in the fresh is good

I like fishing both cause you can't beat the way a bass smashs your lure & how peaceful it can be in a dam. The salt can awesome when your catching heaps of different species on light gear but quite annoying when the fish go off the bite..