View Poll Results: Should negtive people be banned from putting replies in the fishing reports section ?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should be warned first

88 42.51%
  • Banned from replies and veiwing in fishing reports sections forever

9 4.35%
  • Banned for 2 weeks from replying and viewing fishing reports

24 11.59%
  • Nothing should be done at all

86 41.55%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll on negitive people in fishing reports

Poll on negitive people in fishing reports

Would just like to put a poll up on what people think should happen to people who constantly critise the fishing reports section. I am all for debate but this can be done in saltwater chat or general chat. As of late reports have declined of people wanting to show their catch. I propose that people who give negitive responses to reports first be suspended from putting replies in the fishing reports.
    FISHING FISHING AND MORE FISHING. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?

Re: Poll on negitive people in fishing reports

Mate, it's an open forum. Who's going to decide wether it's a negative response or not? Your negative might be someone elses positive.

I agree adverse responses drag things down, but you can't suspend for it.
    Everyone has an opinion and are in their right to voice it.
    Afterall, an opinion is neither right nor wrong!
    That's my opinion anyway!
    Cheers.

ps. this thread should of gone in general chat, not the report section.
    Last edited by ffejsmada; 11-07-2007 at 06:04 PM.

I agree with Jeff...freedom of speech is what it is about..is someone wants to add a post..so be it...if you don't like it..that is life. How about we ban people that catch more fish than me so I don't feel all depressed and incomptetent..they could be lowering my self esteeem and lead me into depression.

Wholeheartedly agree with above responses.Just because peoples opininon are different to yours,doesnt mean they have to be banned.If it fits in with the terms and conditions of the site then its fine by me.
    George
    By the way i wreckon whinging polls should be banned in the first place.
    Last edited by manchild; 11-07-2007 at 06:21 PM.
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Great Totally agree with the idea of freedom of speech
    If you have an opinion post it in the chat forums that are there for chat and discussion, not the report forums that are there so that people can share info on whats biting where. Have a question on what they are biting on or what time/tide/moon phase etc ask away but if you have a question about someones ethics post it in chat where it belongs
    Just my opinion, i am a newbie on this site who really appreciates the effort some go to to share info you usually cant drag out of a fisherman whether they catch and release or not.
    Cheers
    Damo

BTW Before i get shouted down i am 99.5% C&R but each to thier own within the law

So after fishing for a day you come home happy about the days efforts, then sit down and write up a report, down size your pics post it up. Then to be made out like some criminal when your well in your rights to have kept what you have caught.
    Happy to see these debates go on in other sections but not on peoples fishing reports.
    And happy to see people who reply to the fishing reports in this manner be banned from posting in the fishing reports section only.

Soon very few reports will be here to look at.

WHY BOTHER.

Guys try reading the post only talking about fishing reports.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    Mate, it's an open forum. Who's going to decide wether it's a negative response or not? Your negative might be someone elses positive.

I agree adverse responses drag things down, but you can't suspend for it.
    Everyone has an opinion and are in their right to voice it.
    Afterall, an opinion is neither right nor wrong!
    That's my opinion anyway!
    Cheers.

ps. this thread should of gone in general chat, not the report section.
    1/ I would call being a rapist a negitive.
    2/ When you place a fishing report your not asking peoples opinion on weather I should have kept my bag limit or kept 69.9cm flathead.
    3/ This does concern fishing reports therefore it is in the right section.
    Last edited by SNAPPERCOFFIN; 11-07-2007 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I agree with Jeff...freedom of speech is what it is about..is someone wants to add a post..so be it...if you don't like it..that is life. How about we ban people that catch more fish than me so I don't feel all depressed and incomptetent..they could be lowering my self esteeem and lead me into depression.
    Read the post and thats a bit over the top.

I tell ya what boys, where's the Tab I click for
    "Maybe I should just harden up!!!"
    Is it just me or are there polls everywhere lately??
    Jeff and co are on the money. Take the good with the bad, it's a Forum and you signed up. Honestly, I don't care what people say to me about C&R or keeping fish or posting in depth reports of specific locations etc etc. In the end, if a few negative responses are going to make ya quit putting up reports then that's your own decision not another members problem because he voiced his opinion. It's like when I run the ball into a contact situation. I know they're going to hurt me, it's the nature of the sport. If I do get smacked I'm not angry, I'll just suck it up and go again. That's the test of character right there, getting up when the going is getting you down.
    My negative is prolly someones positive. Diversity is great, not following the norm is cool, being different is OK..... no matter what floats your boat: C&R or C&K
    Like Phill says, as long as it doesn't get personal I love constructive criticism. Bring it on all day and I'll read it cause it makes me learn more as well as seeing differing points of views instead of only believing my sheltered thoughts.
    Water off a ducks back boys............

Rich

PS: Harden up chaps, that's my vote.
    Last edited by richieboy; 11-07-2007 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAPPERCOFFIN View Post
    2/ When you place a fishing report your not asking peoples opinion on weather I should have kept my bag limit or kept 79.9cm flathead.
    That'd put you in a bit of trouble....
    Joel
    Fishing for the thrill, not for the kill

Quote Originally Posted by SNAPPERCOFFIN View Post
    2/ When you place a fishing report your not asking peoples opinion on weather I should have kept my bag limit or kept 79.9cm flathead.
    Old mate if you would keep a flathead 79.9 ( and i think you meant 69.9) then its a waste of anybodys time reasoning with you, you seem to miss the whole meaning of throwing back flathead 70cm as they are the big female breders.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Old mate if you would keep a flathead 79.9 ( and i think you meant 69.9) then its a waste of anybodys time reasoning with you, you seem to miss the whole meaning of throwing back flathead 70cm as they are the big female breders.
    Wrong button

Press a 7 instead of a 6 and the linch mob is out

G'day Ausfishers!

I too am a big fan of freedom of speech. As long as the comments are not of a personal nature they should be allowed to be voiced.

I am now off to Wello in my fifty metre offshore fishing rig.

Cheers,
    Lunatic