View Poll Results: Should negtive people be banned from putting replies in the fishing reports section ?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should be warned first

88 42.51%
  • Banned from replies and veiwing in fishing reports sections forever

9 4.35%
  • Banned for 2 weeks from replying and viewing fishing reports

24 11.59%
  • Nothing should be done at all

86 41.55%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Poll on negitive people in fishing reports

Re: Poll on negitive people in fishing reports

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    the LAW ain't the be all and end all. Just because it is legal, doesn't make something moral, conversely just because something is illegal doesn't mean it is wrong or bad. I prefer to use my brain and make my own judgement as to what I do (to a point).

I will be ignoring the new green zones in Moreton bay if I feel I can fish there without getting fined. The whole premise of protecting 10% of habitat and saving certain species from fishers etc is rubbish. On the other hand, a reasonable catch can be exceeded with the current bag limits. For example, the bag limit of cobia is 10. There is no limit on tuna. Three spanish mackerel. 30 school mackerel. IMHO, even three spanish mackerel, average size 10-15 kg is alot of fish and why anyone would want to keep that much as a REC fisher is beyone me. But it would be LEGAL to keep three spaniards, 10 cobes, 30 school mackerel, a few longtails, (plus snapper, sweetlip etc etc) in the current bag limits. This might be legal, but would be immoral to me.

I know there are a few pro line fishers on here, and these comments do not apply to them, they have to make their living. (it would be good if there was a way to easily know who there people are?)

But if any rec fishoes post stories of catching their bag limits of cobes (10), school mackerel (30) etc etc, I will let you know I think you are a shamateur.
    Ain't no one going to censure me, as long as it is within ausfish rules. Jealousy has nothing to do with it . I have had some great days, and plenty of poor days. I mostly fish for trophy specimens on line class, so the total catch is of little interest to me.

I have always followed the rule of keeping enough for my immediate needs and releasing the rest for the future. Filling the icebox and feeding all the neighbours and rellies ain't what it is about (to me).

All just IMHO of course

Jeremy

PS. I do not believe I am one of the people being criticised for being negative, but if anyone wants to pm me a link to a thread or post it up here, go ahead.
    The fish you are talking about is fair enough, I agree with you for sure, but I was critisiced for keeping 48 summer whiting. That would amount to one of your fish. Realisticly its not alot of fish considering an adult can consume at least 6 fillets per meal. As I mention in that post that none of this was wasted and I didnt go catching more to keep while these were still in my pocession.

CHEERS T.T.

I voted should be warned first, not because I want people to keep opinions to themselves but to discourage abuse and personal attacks.

I am all for constructive criticism after all that is what people learn from but I don't agree with people disagreeing just for the sake of it eg "you should practice C&R because I said so" attitudes are not valid and pose no argument other than "because I said so, or, Because that what conservationists want or whatever soft/invalid reason they want to use.

If someone disagrees with what I have done as posted in any reports I make then they should have valid reasons, but I can assure you all the only time others will have an opportunity to tell me I am downright wrong is when I make a typing error as I follow all relevant rules/regulations when I am on the water.

There you have it abuse and personal attacks should not be tolerated with warnings first and suspensions later, and in extreme cases banning. Non-contructive critism should be berrated from the reports pages as no one can learn from anything that doesn't make sense.

But yes contructive criticism/opinion I have no problems with and even welcome to any reports, after all didn't we all join this site to learn in the first place?

PS. those of you arguing freedom of speech are doing so in vain. For those who want to get technical there is no mention of freedom of speech in Australia's Constitution or other legislation and therefore there is no recorded "right" to it, the Freedom of Speech notion is just something that has become generally accepted throughout Australia due to American influences.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott nthQld View Post
    I

<snip>
    PS. those of you arguing freedom of speech are doing so in vain. For those who want to get technical there is no mention of freedom of speech in Australia's Constitution or other legislation and therefore there is no recorded "right" to it, the Freedom of Speech notion is just something that has become generally accepted throughout Australia due to American influences.
    That may be true in relation to Australia's Constitution but Australia has ratified the UN International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights which covers "freedom of expression".

Victoria for one, has a Charter of human Rights covering freedom of expression which came into force Feb of this year, I think.

kev

Top Tips:

McDONALD'S Make your brown carrier bags green in colour so they blend in with the countryside after they've been thrown out of car windows.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

I doubt even Webby could catch all them fish Jeremy!!

I just wished I could do a report with lots of big fish so someone could take the piddle out of me. But alas I haven't caught too much of late

When someone does start to take the piddle out of me I then will know I've accomplished something great
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Hi guys, if you want to protect a new or good spot, why not! Word of mouth has always been for "that bloke you think you can trust at the boat ramp. When you start giving information out whilly nilly people who crowd our understocked waterways and clog up our under-resourced boatramps will only add to the displeasure experienced by many in what should be a totally relaxing pastime...

I'm usually camped on the southern side of the North Pine River (Starboaord upstream) of the junction of the South Pine.

If you see the fire going, call in for a brew!

Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by beefaman View Post
    I doubt even Webby could catch all them fish Jeremy!!
    I don't know about that, he caught the bigest bream in the touchy memorial but excluded him self from the weigh in and he caught the biggest snapper in the R2M and then donated it to the old age home. So just quietly I would put some money on Webby getting those numbers but I would expect he has been there and done that already

If I could be as good as his little finger I would be quite happy with that

Sorry if I went on a bit there Webby but hey facts are facts
    Peter :cool:

Snapper head or is it snappercoffin. Get a life

Snapperhead

not a lot left to be said, but Gunadoo, at the risk of sounding like a hipocrit, that aint constructive. And GW, Webby can wipe his own @rse .

Damo
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiter View Post
    And GW, Webby can wipe his own @rse .

Damo
    Don't know Damo, by what GW is saying, sounds like WEBBY doesn't have a spare hand to wipe with... (should becareful in using the 'tongue' given the nature of the comment huh!?)...

Take Care T

PS Can't believe this post is still going - mustn't be anyone fishing at the moment i guess...
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post

PS Can't believe this post is still going - mustn't be anyone fishing at the moment i guess...
    I think someone's fishing on the other thread...............trolling, I think

kev

Top Tip:

POLICE. Save money on expensive sirens by putting a police dog on the roof of your patrol car and shutting the door on its tail before attending a 000 call.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiter View Post
    And GW, Webby can wipe his own @rse .

Damo
    LOL Damo & T1 I will hero worship anyone that gets me onto a big fish like Webby has This one is for T1

Webby where are you mate these 2 guys are picking on me can, you put the kiss of death on them in the next Bush & Beach
    Peter :cool:

There are lot of people on here that are good friends with each other. This I think is what most people dont understand. It does,nt matter where you come from or what colour you are, I will say again! We are all brother,s in arm,s. If shit hits the fan, the hand that helps you, might just be your new friend.

Stay open Australia, not closed.

minno

Quote Originally Posted by gunnadoo View Post
    Snapper head or is it snappercoffin. Get a life
    It it good to see put such thought into your reply.
    FISHING FISHING AND MORE FISHING. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?