View Poll Results: Should negtive people be banned from putting replies in the fishing reports section ?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should be warned first

88 42.51%
  • Banned from replies and veiwing in fishing reports sections forever

9 4.35%
  • Banned for 2 weeks from replying and viewing fishing reports

24 11.59%
  • Nothing should be done at all

86 41.55%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll on negitive people in fishing reports

Re: Poll on negitive people in fishing reports

Quote Originally Posted by pommo View Post
    WTF!!!! Whats wrong with people these days!!!! Not a day goes by without people getting sued or threatening to sue!!. And now it's getting to the point where people can't express there own opinions on a public forum without the fear of hurting some princesses feelings??? As long as it's not personal then cop it on the chin like real men!! there's more to life then what people write on a forum. my opinion anyway?

Mark is talking about people posting pic's of their catch and getting comments such as taking too many,why didn't you throw it back ect...
    He has a valid point I think as a lot of people aren't posting pic's of their catch because of this and it is a fishing website from what I can tell
    How many post's you seen from Reefy and Foxy and crew lately compared to a while ago?
    I don't think he's relating to his feelings getting hurt, just sick of whingers who don't have anything positive to offer...my thoughts.

Cheers Col

Quote Originally Posted by the gecko View Post
    I think this is a valid issue, just look at all the debate on this thread alone. While most of us have broad shoulders and understand the broad opinions expressed on a forum, the real problem is the newbies that are scared off. I feel sorry for these newbies, who might have become long term members otherwise.

maybe its time to name and shame the negative people? wheres derryn hinch when you want him?

Who are these so called trolls anyway? I dont think any of them are still active, are they?

Andrew
    Andrew, I couldn't sleep this morning and was up early so tasked myself with finding out just what has caused this thread to arise. After going back through the posts, I can see what the fuss is about, whereas when the thread first started, I couldn't.

Yes, there has been deliberate trolling behaviour, and that is instantly recognisable (to me, anyway), but I think the long term damage is done not by those passing through, but those who push an agenda. Those who, instead of simply enjoying their pastime in their way, expect others to do so in a similar fashion.

If certain C&R guys would simply "mind their own business" and likewise, some of the C&G, half of these problems wouldn't arise.

Irrespective of your/our own opinions, we should simply accept that Fishery Law is Fishery law, and as long as we abide by it, then no-one should have any recourse against those who act legally. If we practiced that, then our cyber world would be a better place.

We all have different values/standards/morals and if some could accept that and stop preaching to those who act differently, albeit legally, then half this shit wouldn't arise.

By all means, confront those who act illegally, but some folk simply need to back off! and not "get up" those who don't fit with the "aggressors" idea of how a fisho should behave.

We are all different, and we should respect that.

kev

PS I used the word "aggressor" deliberately because some folk don't seem able to express an opinion in any other fashion. I'm not saying it's deliberate but it pays to pause and re-read what you have written before hitting the send button.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    Did you hit the L key instead of the M?

kev
    Kev
    Isn't a "whingeing poll "an Englishman who lives in Warsaw

Oops, I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to be warned,banned or have nothing done to me at all
    Last edited by mangomick; 13-07-2007 at 10:28 AM.
    THE POOR MAN ALWAYS PAYS TWICE

Yes, there has been deliberate trolling behaviour, and that is instantly recognisable (to me, anyway), but I think the long term damage is done not by those passing through, but those who push an agenda. Those who, instead of simply enjoying their pastime in their way, expect others to do so in a similar fashion.

If certain C&R guys would simply "mind their own business" and likewise, some of the C&G, half of these problems wouldn't arise.

Kev, I think that sums it up pretty well.

Col

i read the first page & couldn't be bothered with the rest...

you will always get knockers, most ignore them & get on with it.. they are the ones who look like dicks, by making the crappy comments. if everyone ignores them & DOESN'T reply or comment on their post they will get tired of it & go away.. they WANT recognition.
    i have said elsewhere on the board that i think it is to compensate for a small appendage, they will also want to own a red sports car.. so they hide behind the keyboard.. just out of curiosity if you are at the M&G & happen to come across one of these members, put em on the spot & see if they still make the comments in person.. or if they say a mate/brother was using their log in ( i'd make sure that they weren't a true knuckledragger first)..

do we still have the ignore button, if so, go there put these people on the list & you will never see another post by them... do your own censoring

do we still have the ignore button, if so, go there put these people on the list & you will never see another post by them... do your own censoring
    Well said Dr

I myself am going to use this ignore feature just hope I dont go overboard with it and wont be able to read any posts

I am going to fight back with posting everyfish every bagout exact location and method then just block the poeple who dont like it

Now I got to catch a fish
    It's all part of the fishing experience

[quote=Col_s;651295]Mark is talking about people posting pic's of their catch and getting comments such as taking too many,why didn't you throw it back ect...
    He has a valid point I think as a lot of people aren't posting pic's of their catch because of this and it is a fishing website from what I can tell
    How many post's you seen from Reefy and Foxy and crew lately compared to a while ago?
    I don't think he's relating to his feelings getting hurt, just sick of whingers who don't have anything positive to offer...my thoughts./quote]

I agree. as previously mentioned everyone is different. I have mates that fish for the pure sport and release everything they catch, and then there is me, I go fishing to catch a feed,

by the looks of this thread everyone has a opinion, and opinions vary

cheers

Here here, freddom of speech...

Don't like it don't get on.
    Last edited by slickas; 13-07-2007 at 01:49 PM.
    Bubs Fish till ya drop......Clark 4.49 Rebel SC 60hp Merc Lowrance HDS Carbon 9in & FS 7in

Snapper coffin, its not negativity,its critasism,(is that how you spell it) Aussies are renouned for taking the piss out of each other, if there is an oportunity there someone is going to take it..liten up, unless someone says something about your mother take it on the chin and give one back.

Quote Originally Posted by slickas View Post
    Here here, freddom of speech...

Don't like it don't get on.

So you just joined up today, do you know what this is all about ?
    Or you are a member and just wish to hide your username by joining up under a different one.
    FISHING FISHING AND MORE FISHING. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?

I'm with richieboy, well said mate

for SNAPPERCOFFIN

I was a member 2 years ago under the user name cbubner which in fact is my real name as it is chris bubner so I have absolutly nothing to hide , the reason for the name change was lost password and old email address, easier to start again. I happen to believe in freedom of speech and I thing that if you are unable to except a bit of a grubbing every now and then you are thin skined.
    Last edited by slickas; 13-07-2007 at 10:01 PM.
    Bubs Fish till ya drop......Clark 4.49 Rebel SC 60hp Merc Lowrance HDS Carbon 9in & FS 7in

I voted nothing should be done. This is a public site after all and we are not robots and think and act the same. So post ya reports and if anyone one starts to preach C/R or ya took to many just tell them to F@#* OFF and join the church if ya want to preach. To have your opinion is fine just don't try to convert anyone.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Snappercoffin I jumped on here this morn to have a look at who's been catchin a few fish and after reading some good reports on some great Snapper catches, thought i would see what your poll was all about.
    I Think you need to get out on the water and suck in some clean air as it sounds to me like that poll you placed was just a way of starting one big fight.

Go fishing! Have fun! and if sombody bags your report (although i dont see to much of that on here), who cares as they are probably upset at not being able to get on the water themselves as they have been under the thumb to get the back yard finished (thats been my story lately anyway). I'm going to head out side now to try and complete some stuff so i can get back to whats important-FISHING.
    If you don't have to do anything in your backyard you should get out to your fav spot as its a good day if you have a look and when you come in stick a couple of picks up so i can give you a loving comment to go with them .

IT IS THE FISHING SECTION, LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY!
    Catchya!

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post

I'm not saying that we need to implement a ""police"" guard over reports,,,, but a bit of common courtesy/decency wouldn't go far,,,,especially when you can read between the lines and see that these guys are excited and want to share their catch,,,,

choppa
    I have to agree common Courtesy/decency would go a long way.

Quite a few of you have mentioned their right to Freedom of Speech and hey I agree, but in saying that for those who think that only people who have rhino hides have the right to be on here, where is the freedom of speech there, you are not the only ones who use this forum as we have members who will be the next generation of fishing legends and women who love fishing but do not have a hid like a rhino.

In the original post Snappercoffin said that he was for debates but not in the report section. I have to agree on this, as you have someone who has just catch the best fish in his/her life and is so excited and wants to share it with who they thought were kindred spirit only to be belittled. How do you feel, like shit.

So if anyone would care to look up the dictionary on the meaning of "report" you will find that it says

REPORT: Give an account of, tell as news, spoken or written account.

A report is an individuals account of events, no were does it say a debate.

There is nothing wrong with a good debate in the correct place but there is no excuse for bad manners and rudness no matter where it is.
    Last edited by sandyd; 14-07-2007 at 05:36 PM.
    cheers
    sandyd