Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A PASSIONATE PLEA to Fisherman

A PASSIONATE PLEA to Fisherman

Hi All

I'd like to report about the 'quality' of Reports in this section.

Over the past few months, i have noticed a rapid decline of Quality reports specifically from those TOP fisho's that catch fish more often than not - you all know who you are!

There has been some well documented debates in recent times about 'what' to report and to keep or not to keep! I couldn't give 2 'poos' about which way you are inclined - each to their own preferences within the laws & reg's. What i care about is the decline in reports due to the potential retributions of those with strong opinions or otherwise on one's effort and report - either way or preference!

When i came across this site early last year, i was encapsulated by the quality of reports and the pic's of catches! I immediately realised that i still had a lot to learn about fishing and this site was a must if i was to take my skills to another level! And i must wholeheartedly say that i can't believe how the help of this site (and this section particularly) has contributed to the enhancement of my knowledge and skills so far! And not to mention the comraderie!

But today, unfortunately, this all appears to be lacking! I have personally debated (with myself) as to whether i would continue to post or not. But to not would be to give in the whims of a few - i've never done that and i'm not about to start either (much to my lovely wifes disgust )! I have undertaken to continue to report and post pic's - without fear of reprisals and opinions!

I urge ALL those who provided me with such valuable information, and hours of entertaining reading, TO KEEP POSTING!! PLEASE! Let's get this section rocking again!!! And if you're really concerned about adverse comments and opinions, there is a thing called an 'Ignore List'. This way, those who want to enjoy can and you don't have to see the negatives!

THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO RESTART ANY PREVIOUS DEBATES, AND IF YOU WANT TO DEBATE MY COMMENTS ABOVE IN THE NEGATIVE, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DOING SO... THANKS in advance!

Take Care T

Just to illustrate how AF has contributed to my highlights reel through advice, knowledge and tips over the past 16 months... My 1st ever Threadie (Bris Rvr); my 1st ever Spanish Mack (DUM ); my 1st ever Snap (pic of prev PB) (W/Pt).
    Last edited by T1; 11-07-2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Pics...
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Re: A PASSIONATE PLEA to Fisherman

I think you forgot to use the word alledgedly, T

Well said mate. I think most of the people you are talking about just couldnt be bothered anymore, for the exact reasons you have mentioned.

It is a sad sad situation this was a top place to read reports I hope it can recover to how it was. At the moment it doesnt look like it will
    It's all part of the fishing experience

That's a good report T1.
    How big were the fish and where did you get them again??
    Was it at DUM????

It put me off a bit, but i will try to start posting again

I think the saltwater section is suffering even more than this section, I like to read the reports.
    cheers
    blaze

Well said T1, I am new to the Bris-Vagas fishing arena, and have a lot to learn in the ways of bay fishing. This site, on good days, has imparted very valuable information for me to follow in an effort to catch a good fish and hone my angling skills. It has assisted in the education in the art of Soft Plastics, certainly a different way to go fishing. This site gives my partner an avenue where she can also have a look at what is happening, seeing that familys in this area are spending time on the water enjoying the art of angleing, especially now with SPs being so clean. Sometimes good banter is necessary, but it should be to increase the amount of information that is posted for all to see, not with a negative slang to piss people off. I will continue to post my fishing adventures to this site, and will post photo's where ever possible, so count me in.
    Regards, Mark
    Last edited by Rufus; 11-07-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Well said T1, ya hit the nail on the head with that one!!!!!

Very well said T1,you are absolouty on the money ,We cannot allow a few narrow minded people to be the down fall of this fantastic community and as soon as I catch a fish I will certinaly be posting about it (I did see an eel yesterday but not on my rod )
    THOUGHT OF THE DAY

Live life like a dog,If you cant eat it or hump it ,
    pee on it and walk away.

good thread dude! I've only been on the forum for a few months and have noticed a decline even in that short a timeframe.

T1 must be a minister at a church or something!! THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL MATE.... I have heard my calling in life now and would like to post here every day!!! Who wants to contribute money to the MAKE MARK FISH FOUNDATION..?? anyone??? HA HA HA,, i think everyone is just qietly keeping there mouths closed and sharpenning their hooks for the up coming river to mud. I know i am..
    Mark aka BD

No point sharpening the hooks BD, the prize fish is already out there and is just looking for my bait on the weekend!!!!

T1 - great thread, good point and one I personally endorse. It seems here, like life in general, the good of the many are hampered by the views of the few, thus changing the way people act. Just look at public liability insurance and the way a few people were quick to sue; now councils are looking to remove playground swigns from parks

It is time good peoples for an uprising. It is time for those of us that catch fish - big, small, wide, long red, brown, black or silver - to post pics. Tell others of your expeditions and share with us all your wisdoms. Just look at the guys with the "Nailed the Knobby's" thread - what a hoot that was to read and they were proud their catch was increasing from Huge to Massive

Tight Lines all.

Puff
    Cheers,
    Chris

Now i havent posted a report on here yet (gotta take my damn camera next time) but im starting to see quite abit of the old "why would u keep a 68cm flathead or why didnt u let go that 24cm bream"...well, its within the rules and its legal so why not??? Do we fish for a feed? or what? My NUMBER 1 REASON i go out on my tinnie to catch fish is for a FEED! I catch to survive, all within rules of corse. I love fish, the mrs loves it and so does my whole family. I keep whatever the hell i want within the rules.....damn if its a 69cm flatty im taking it home to enjoy, same with a 47cm bream, or a 23cm bream. I love fish and i catch to survive and enjoy. Why cant some people get along with that? If you cant accept that, then you shouldnt be on the water gouging a hook into a fish's mouth for the sake of enjoyment.

Hey Mate

I will post a report. Just have to catch a fish first. Spent five hours at Mud today without boating a Squire (any size)

I think it will come good soon

Cheers

Neil
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"