Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A PASSIONATE PLEA to Fisherman

Re: A PASSIONATE PLEA to Fisherman

Ti ... i second that opinion....

I have been catching good bream of lately ... targeting them regulary because im ina private comp -- not winning though...anyway catches have been about 15 - 25 for me thats good... and since my fishing experience is limited i tend to read rather than post because of the fact that the 'bigger fish' tend to bite harder than I do.

anyway heres to the zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's in '07'

keep it up bud... i totally agree!

( sorry, quote deleted by moderator )

Thanks MLC but:

THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO RESTART ANY PREVIOUS DEBATES, AND IF YOU WANT TO DEBATE MY COMMENTS ABOVE IN THE NEGATIVE, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DOING SO... THANKS in advance!

I really don't want this thread to become a bunfight - please save that for another thread/time...

Take Care T

L/PHILL: About time you stated your position Seriously, well said mate!
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 11-07-2007 at 06:30 PM.
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

T1, congratulations on taking the time to express what has probably been of concern to quite a lot of people who contribute to this site. Myself personally I have gained a lot of knowledge from those fishers who regularily post reports and would encourage them to continue in the same vein. Everybody is entitled to express an opinion be it positive or negative. It is up to those reading the thread to take on board and appreciate those points that they consider relevant to themselves. Life would be pretty boring if everybody agreed on everything. e.g. MLC I don't agree that this site is shit....mate you still read it
    Regards
    Darryl

Good on ya mate to tell like it is.
    Now get your stinking old 4b off the road will ya.
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Now get your stinking old 4b off the road will ya.
    George
    LOL George! I wish - it's only a 2b! But one day soon my friend, i will again terrorise the beaches of DI & Fraser again...

Take Care T

T1, well said.
    this site has been a fantastic source of info for me, after taking up fishing again after half a life time (addicted again). what few reports i have made have always illicited a positive and supportive response.
    i can't say i have noticed the lack of reports, but then i am mot the sharpest knife in the box.
    in response to to negativity; why can't i catch more fish!!!!

al

Might come back myself

"We gave Howard the Arse now we have to fix Rudd"
    "Now we have to sort Gillard" F@?k me RUDD again
    Abbott and Newman what a great next few years "NOT"

Quote Originally Posted by mlc View Post
    have you met des and troy
    MLC, who's Des & Troy?

Take Care T

G'day Ausfishers!

T1, I really hope you do not stop posting your reports. Reading your reports was what inspired me on my first trip to Mud last year, and it was one of the best trips I have ever had! I think it would be a real tragedy if you and the rest of the regulars stopped posting.

My two cents.

Cheers!
    Lunatic

apologies T1,,, as i responded to Marks thread(SnapperCoffin) re this topic before i read through the responses so far,,, and both posts relate to the same issue,,,

there has been a numerous amount of posts placed by new/old alike that have had the full nine yards of abuse/cynicism thrown back at the authors over the past months,,,, and most,,, as i reported in marks report,,,, is a case of follow the leader responses,,,,

prime example lies here in this post,,,,, if you read the responses of both you'll see what i mean really quick,,,,1 member responds with a negative,,, the rest follow,,,, OR 1 member responds with a negative in one post,,, BUT REPONDS with a positive here,,,,,

too many newbies have posted a great day on the water,,,, agreat catch,,,, come home post a report,,,, and get gunned down in flack,,,,, and you don't hear much from them thereafter,,,

i personally haven't written a report in ages,,,, haven't written about a chopjr episode in nearly a year,,,, and niether have quite a few of the regulars who you speak about,,,,

dunno why,,,,,,,,,,,,really

choppa
    Last edited by choppa; 11-07-2007 at 08:53 PM.
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Well say T1,

Not long time ago I just realise there's been more and more members joining up and saw negative comments more than before...so that leaving me to think twice...That's why I was quiet for a while...

I do love reading the report and hope we'll see better ones in very soon...

Geez T1, I am with Choppa on this one, I also replied in another one that is actually turning into a negative post about negative posts, how ironic...I enjoy all posts I just would like to see a more constructive with advice or recommendastions made as opposed to a straight out negative attack by what sometimes appear to be jealous and unqualified members. Sure there are times when a post can be frustating but a post is a post and rules are rules and if we all think should I or shouldnt I then Ausfish may not have a long future if the latter prevailed....I hope to meet you and the boys on Sunday at the BBQ...not sure if I will be out on the water sunday morning
    Cheers
    Brett

Thanks T1, I have managed a fishing session twice in the last week, both times i have posted a report, i may not have caught the biggest fish or the most, it's just great to have somewhere to post the pics etc for other people to enjoy. I have only been on the site for around a year & haven't had the chance to meet many other members, but as you stated it is disheartining to see other people bag them for taking too many or if only it's just legal. Sure we brought home 20 bream from the Pin during the week, but they feed both my deckie & myselfs family's. Lets just pull our fingers out & get posting, i can sit here for hours going through all the reports, so lets get things back the way they should be!!

There should be around 30 reports on here from the River to Mud challenge on Sunday night, mine will be one of them, wheather i catch the biggest, smallest or no fish at all.

Andrew.
    Are 30 fishing rods too many????

Well said T1, I agree with all you have said. I to have been gunned down a few times and ignored at other times.
    I fish at least once every weekend and have not posted results even though the majority of those trips have been very sucessful.
    The last post i made was several weeks ago when i reported on my PB Snap on plastic, to which you were one of a few who were good enough to post a reply and i thank you for that. I enjoy your reports very much and always zero in on them when i see a post and i hope you continue to make those posts.
    I am a Northsider and know quite a few Ausfishers who have not posted a report for many months due to the absolute crap that is thrown at them after a post. I really hope that this site can climb back to where it was, when i first met Kingtin and his response and assistance convinced me to join this site.
    Again Mate well said and tight lines to you.
    Obi_Wan

Wow T... look what you've started!! 4 pages of replies in half a day!! You know my feelings about this cause we speak about it all the time - but you have said it with eloquence!! It remains to be seen whether the mudslingers continue to sling or back off a bit - but you know me - dont really care what people think- I'll post if I want to.

But I do miss the adventures of some of our dearly departed friends... I hope they return.

Top job mate - very pleased that you said it - it definitely needed to be said!!

Cheers,

Adam