Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A PASSIONATE PLEA to Fisherman

Re: A PASSIONATE PLEA to Fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Hey Mate

I will post a report. Just have to catch a fish first. Spent five hours at Mud today without boating a Squire (any size)

I think it will come good soon

Cheers

Neil
    Horse - are you trying to through the competitors off the scent for the R2M this weekend?? Hmmmmmmm
    Cheers,
    Chris

maybe its because no ones catching anything?? haha i know im over due but well said lets try not to turn this site into something like the winge page of mx! theres been alot of negative talk of late and it brings the whole site down imo so i think we should stop argueing about unimportant stuff coz it gets us no where, most of the time you will never meet the person you have a biff with so why bother, they wont change their opinions and neither will you. people are different and have different beliefs, i think the sooner some people in this world realise that the better our world will become, my tip for the day dont argue with some one send them a kiss, they will either get over it or be to freaked out to talk to you again!
    maybe ive gone off the subject but lets try and spend more time out there catching fish then talking on the net, good thread t1 it needed to be said!

Here Here B_E_N
    Cheers,
    Chris

Totally agree T1. Each to there own I say. If anything I've noticed it's the fact that more and more people are becoming concious of the fact that there is pressure on fishing and that makes some members more passionate than others. Legally blah blah. We know the drum. Morally....yeh that too.
    From what's been written I think the new changes will affect us all, regardless of C&R or C&K.
    Keep all the reports coming and ignore the bad publicity if you get it. I enjoy reading all reports regardless. In the end, it is a "forum". Cheers,

Richie

Yeah well said T. I have actually not posted up the last couple of trips I have done so I am guilty of not bothering. I just didn't think the trips were post worthy even though I did manage a feed but I didn't consider the catch a great catch. In fact the last three trips I didn't even bother charging the digital camera up to take photos. I too have felt that something special vanished in recent times by the quality of the posts in the reports section so I agree whole heartedly. I have to admit however that the windy weather of late must be having a large affect on how many people are going out to get a feed though. Good thread T.

Regards,

Poodroo

It's all good. As Richie said "it is a forum". I love reading detailed reports and I must admit that I do like to read on as someone expresses a different opinion, and things get a little heated. I like to see where these things end up. It sure would be a dull planet if we all thought the same.
    Having said that, the differing opinion of another would never stop me from posting a report, because I know that the majority would get a kick out of it.
    Keep em comin fisherfolk..

g'day all,i wasn't going to post my last one cause it was only 1 flathead but thought bugger it,it was just the conditions that i went in and why(windy bosses weather & handbrakes b'day)i enjoy reading all the posts some are funny and the lengths some fishers go to,to pursue their favourite past time.

well said T, i agree totally

I have to agree with B_E_N's comments and T1 for this thread, too much grief and not enough support and joy around the world to let it become part of this forum. Debate is for the pollies and they can't even get that right most of the time. Constructive opinion is helpful but downright insults or just pursuing your agenda needs to find another part of the web to vent.

My 1.89 cents +GST ~ BAS due soon!

I also haven't bothered recently because i get the feeling from other threads in this section have been negative toward those that send in a report it's as if we are giving up some great secret weather it be dum or ellow or anywhere else in the bay these places have been fished for years it's no secret at all. I may start some more reports myself again as long as i dont get any negative garbage from the few who have nothing better to do but post negative garbage thanks for the positive input T1 .....
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

WOW!!!! Thanks and congratulations on all the positive feedback guys! Wasn't sure what sort of response this thread would get but... Excellent stuff and i truly hope everyone follows through and keeps/starts posting reports!

As has been said, it's all about US as fisherpeople, NOT them and us and vice versa!

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Quote Originally Posted by B_E_N View Post
    maybe its because no ones catching anything?? haha i know im over due but well said lets try not to turn this site into something like the winge page of mx! theres been alot of negative talk of late and it brings the whole site down imo so i think we should stop argueing about unimportant stuff coz it gets us no where, most of the time you will never meet the person you have a biff with so why bother, they wont change their opinions and neither will you. people are different and have different beliefs, i think the sooner some people in this world realise that the better our world will become, my tip for the day dont argue with some one send them a kiss, they will either get over it or be to freaked out to talk to you again!
    maybe ive gone off the subject but lets try and spend more time out there catching fish then talking on the net, good thread t1 it needed to be said!
    I have met a lot of the blokes from here and believe me..I have no urge to send any of them a kiss..I reckon I would get a smack in the head the next time I saw them.

Agree with you t1 well said, i too like horse have struggled the last few trips, and really struggled! Would not have any fear of posting because i suspect i may cop a hammering of unwanted responses, the love is still here on this site for me, just need to catch some fish to report it!

I STILL FEEL THE LOVE FOR AUSFISH

Mickstar

( edited by moderator. )

( yellow card for now, this type of reply is exactly what is NOT needed or warranted ).
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 11-07-2007 at 06:07 PM.

Poignant thread T1.

My comments here are not to be considered that of the Ausfish Administration, they are personal.

I, for one, have reduced my report content due to a couple of reasons and one being that there is so many other people putting up reports, I felt it not necessary to do so. A Sunday with fine weather will be followed with a dozen reports from the Barwon Banks, thus rendering any report to page 2 by the next day. I did try to get people to post a report under a thread already started with the same location, but this failed. That was only a suggestion. I believe others have reduced their reporting for a similar reason.

I too have noted the “ bully “ tactics employed by some members over the last few months and have been ( as have other moderators ) working to eliminate this. The rules are there and everyone has agreed to the rules prior to registration. The forum is open to suggestions, opinions and stories etc, what I find no time for, is “ personal insults “. This will get you wrist slapped or worse. Everyone can make a point, engage in a debate and more, without getting personal, that’s just not on in my books.

Let’s not forget there are almost 20,000 members here, over 1,100 log on everyday. This is a hard job to do, we are not here 24/7 and sometimes things get out of hand. I have noticed members getting involved in the ‘ biffo ‘ when really, if you let the thread die or not reply to the ‘ bullies ‘, they will go away or the Moderators will take care of it in due course.

To the people that have posted up reports and copped some flak, let it go. To the ‘ mud slingers ‘, how about, if you have nothing positive to say, say nothing. Having said that, we all encourage constructive criticism, no problems with that. The diversity of the members here is what makes the site what it is. From the pro/ experienced to the beginner, we all have something to contribute and should feel no pressure not to.

I know people make mistakes, interpret the written word differently and we all have our opinions, some stronger than others, but in the end we are all here for a reason, and that is fishing and the love there-of. I look at the bigger picture and I see groups like “ The Greens “, “ PETA “ pouring over sites like these and gathering info for their quest to abolish our hobby/ pastime/ sport….. whatever you want to call what we love. Nothing like in-fighting to arm the enemy.

The again, planting a seed in the enemy camp may produce a crop... if ya get my drift

Cheers Phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 11-07-2007 at 06:12 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here