Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Respect for bream ..

Re: Respect for bream ..

God forbid so do I and sometimes clean, fillet and eat them. Bread crumbs, butter and a red (drinking that is). Every thing is right except the red (should be white according to those in the know) who cares I will stick with the red!!!
    Cheers
    Pete

Sorry mate, but what has that got to do with respecting bream? Its a fish! C\ and R all for it. What is your point?

Minno

Quote Originally Posted by minno View Post
    Sorry mate, but what has that got to do with respecting bream? Its a fish! C\ and R all for it. What is your point?

Minno
    Sit there and read all the post from the previous four (thats right four) pages. There's a shit load of bream out there (season I know) and yes some people keep some for a feed.
    Just trying to (no I won't go any further) a waste of time!!!
    Whats your problem and lighten up a bit.
    5 pages about bream for Chr%$#s sake and its aproblem, Hello!!!!

I cant agree with what some blokes have had to say on this one.
    Some blokes have said Bream dont taste good.....
    Well let say this depends on where you catch them......In the rivers and estuaries I wouldnt bother taking them home and dont really bother chasing them in these environments.
    However off the beach they taste sensational!!.....They are clean and the flesh is up there with any snapper or sweetlip I have ever eaten.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_P View Post
    I cant agree with what some blokes have had to say on this one.
    Some blokes have said Bream dont taste good.....
    Well let say this depends on where you catch them......In the rivers and estuaries I wouldnt bother taking them home and dont really bother chasing them in these environments.
    However off the beach they taste sensational!!.....They are clean and the flesh is up there with any snapper or sweetlip I have ever eaten.

Pete
    Pete all good and thats what I am trying to say - each to their own as long as its legal. If some ones else has a different opinion GOOD. Thats what makes the world go round.
    Just saying dont let the so called masses try and impress their thoughts on me (an individual) who might disagree.
    And I stick with what I posted to Minnow - get a life and lighten up. If a fisho cant have a bit of a dig without getting sh#t on I'll have to fish alone or so will all my mates who go fishing with me.
    Cheers
    Pete
    Last edited by Raesen; 12-07-2007 at 11:14 PM.

No mate, You have got me all wrong. Its hard with words and people that you dont understand.

Get a life! You need too lighten up. Why! cant you catch a bream.

Minno

Now, Iam being a smart arse. Sorry Reasen, Your all right bloke.

Minno

Respect for Bream (any fish) means what??
    jmo ,you catch it and treat it in the best possible way , so it tastes great by the time you put it in the pan.

To the 23cms is too small to eat mob , learn-2-fillet properly !!
    To Webby and Co. , changing the bag and/or minsize won't do Jack Schitt ,as it's not needed...is it

What will happen is (Webby & Co.) may bring in a bag of say 20 and a size of 25cms , then in a few years , it'll still be the we-can't-catch-any-mob saying they need MORE protection...

So Webby & Co. will "save us again" ,and bring the baglimit down to 5 or so...

jmo ,a small size and unlimited (theoretically) bag ,just goes to prove ....with this specie.....
    It ain't broke , and the sky ain't falling.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Im suprised at how many people dislike eating bream, i LOVE bream big or small. I fry them up whole, in bread crumbs flour and egg, fry them till they are super crunchy, then pick the flesh off the bone. I rate them up there with any other fish.