Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Remembers Floppy Lures?

Who Remembers Floppy Lures?

I have an old Hard Body Floppy Lure. They were a great lure and a shame they stopped making them.

Anybody have any? and Anybody have any they would sell?

Would love to hear comments on this subject.

Re: Who Remembers Floppy Lures?

Hi JRJR.
    Check our Ebay Australia, if you aren't already on to it.
    Home-buy-sporting goods-fishing-vintage
    Home-buy-collectables-fishing
    are the step by step guidelines!? (hope you can follow my methodology!)

Cheers.
    Last edited by nigelr; 07-07-2007 at 09:47 AM.

fantastic lures...nailed a few jack up bells creek with them, way back when.....
    later.

Yeah, I saw some on ebay but they go for big bucks. I guess I'll keep trying and might jag some for the 'right price'

I'm not game to use the one I have left for fear I will lose it.

In the past I could never go fishing without getting hit by a bass using a floppy.

Hi jrjr,
    I've got a few,Both hard and soft.The soft ones are in a range of sizes and colours.They rate from new in box,To flogged.The hard ones (Only two) are both the medium size,One green and one red,Both excellent condition.

I may be swayed to part with em for the right offer.
    If ya genuinely intrested,Let me know and I'll post ya some pics.

Also got some Pluckys,Spickys and Bellbrooks,(Minnows and a Swayback)A few more from the oldschool collection ya might like.

Cheers B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

HI Hardb8,

I have sent you a message with my contact details.
    Last edited by JRJR; 07-07-2007 at 08:50 PM.

High There A Mate Of Mine Has The Whole Collection Hard Soft Every Colour Made Hes Been Collecting For A Couple Of Years Now I Think The Collection Has Cost Upwards Of $5000 Now Very Inpresive Most Still In Boxsif You Ever Want To Sell Im Sure He Cant Help Himself Hes Paid Nearly $500 For Some Of Them

Nojacks

If I had enough of them I'd be using some of them. Not the expensive ones though. The only time I lose lures usually is when I get snagged.

Sounds like there are still plenty of Floppy lures out there if you can find them.

You'd think a popular lure like that, they would keep making.

I think the molds wore out - at least thats the story I heard. Being made of rubber they perish with age and take on water. I doubt if any will be usable by now.

NOjacks,any chance of getting a photo of your mates collection & posting it up here? sounds impressive.

cheers rossco

remember them!! geees I remember way back that if you did not use a Floppy then you might as well not go Bass fishing, anything else would just not catch fish , funny that was also true of Quintrex boats, Tortue line,Mustad hooks, Jarvis Walker rods and a whole host of other "must haves" kind of like Braid and Plastics and a reel with 101 bearings in it, now, without them you will just not catch fish!!! ask any salesman!

Yeah, but out of all that you just listed what is rarer than hens teeth and is worth a fortune on ebay?

I have 1 Flopy and boy did it catch bass! It is now retired as I'm not game to cast a $50 lure for bass., especially one that can't be replaced.

I have a floppy I would be willing to part with. Photos attached. Make an offer and I will consider.
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

mind you a lure nearly as good as the Floppy and STILL available is the big O and Little O lures, I think they are made or at least distributed by Shakespear.

I have one floppy left in the tackle box, this would be one of the first lures i ever caught a fish on. i will post pics when I get home tonight.
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!