Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what's your personal best impoundment barra catch!!

Re: what's your personal best impoundment barra catch!!

My best is a 119cm barra caught at Faust on a slick rig. Caught it in 10ft of water with weed to about 6ft. Was using 20lb braid at the time so it was a pretty scary battle.

3 of us spent 2 nights on Faust and caught 8 barra only. All of them over a metre, all barr one on slick rigs. Dropped about 20 though.....

My best ever night fishing....

this is mine, second barra I've caught. First one was 800mm and this one was 1070mm. Johny Mitchel was my guide for the day and couldnt have had a more enjoyable day. Certainly the best money I've spend on a guide/charter
    cheers
    blaze

My best so far is 117cm, caught on a bleeding mullet coloured classic barra +10. It was caught on the first hour of my last trip to Awoonga, after an 8hr drive and we left the camera in the car. Luckily we got a pic with my phone but the quality aint great.

this is mine first barra on my first trip, 119cm, and 92 around the girth, one solid peice of fish, caught at calide on a deep diving large rmg. dont know the weight but even when headless and gutted it weighted a ton. anyone like to take a stab in the dark about the weigth?? im an average sized guy 6ft, about 80kg, and im only 88cmn around my waist! they dont call em pigs of claide for nothing![ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 8843[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Last edited by B_E_N; 06-07-2007 at 03:48 PM.

the pics dont do it much justice....

Whoops try 1055mm
    Tanglefoot

110cm barra at awoonga

Last Sept at Awoonga my mate trolled up a 121cm in the shallows. While he was fighting the fish, I flicked a slick rig out and hooked a 119cm ! It was every man for himself then!!! Of coures the associated bragging rights were used and abused for the rest of the trip

I will post the pic of the two brutes lying side by side on the casting deck, when I get on my own computer (this is a work one )

Previous December I landed 3 x 118cm in a row on the same point!!....Just cant crack 120cm................This year!!

Cheers steve

Bobby J,
    Probably the best moment of my fishing career.Caught her just before daylight on northern side of crossing,using 20 lb Bionic braid and 6ft rod with Diawa eggbeaterHope to get back there one day..

Hopefully this pic works. RE: two post back , dual hookup 119cm and 121cm.

97 at Monduran casting a Barra Classic into a gnarly snag, penn pin point rod, 200b calcutta, 50lb bionic braid with 60lb penn 10x leader.
    So close to the meter, but still not there, cmon summer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Hopefully this pic works. RE: two post back , dual hookup 119cm and 121cm.

hi Steve B nice fish, we once had a double hook up and Peter Faust one 110cm and the other 104cm barra. On the full moon. After we release them, Next couple of minutes then we hook up again, but we didn't land those ones.

Regards
    JEKs (Katie)

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    97 at Monduran casting a Barra Classic into a gnarly snag, penn pin point rod, 200b calcutta, 50lb bionic braid with 60lb penn 10x leader.
    So close to the meter, but still not there, cmon summer!!
    Hi BR65, nice fish and nice rod set up, i bought my self a shimano curado 200 DHSV reel and a T-Curve 6-8kg tournament rod 30lb braid and 50lb leader, from Proserpine bait and tackle when we where up there at easter time, and landed a 113cm barra off the bank at callide.

regards
    JEKS (Katie)

Quote Originally Posted by JEKS View Post
    Hi BR65, nice fish and nice rod set up, i bought my self a shimano curado 200 DHSV reel and a T-Curve 6-8kg tournament rod 30lb braid and 50lb leader, from Proserpine bait and tackle when we where up there at easter time, and landed a 113cm barra off the bank at callide.

regards
    JEKS (Katie)
    I bought myself a Curado 200DPV with an Ian Miller Bass Raider rod with 30lb fins braid and 40lb penn 10x leaders, last weekend. I need another rod for barra what do all your family use Katie?

Cheers - James

Hi Mudguard 92

my family uses, dad Ian Miller barra raider rod 5- 10kg and a abu 5600c4 reel, mum abu revo and a abu garcia Morrum 68 rod, and brother uses a abu PGS 5600 reel and a abu garcia Morrum rod. we use 80lb black magic leader and 50lb tuff line braid.

Regards
    JEKS (Katie)