Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $20 Rod Rack

Re: $20 Rod Rack

Gee Finga I didn't go to those lengths I just built it from my head but a good idea if the missus lets ya have the rods in the house.
    Dr thats a nice rack also very neat.
    Thanks guy's for all the comments if I build some more I will post them on here.
    Probably end up like my trailer every time I build one I sell it cos someone wants one and I always end up not having one when I need it

Cheers all..................Mad
    Grow old disgracefully

Awsome work, i am inspired lol. Im going to make one now!! I already have one that i made when i was in yr 5 but its looking a bit shabby now and is a fairly dodgee design. (im currently in yr 11) so im going to make a new one!!

cheers, Bass Pirate

some nice rod racks there, i have found this one on another forum, easy as to make and you can keep adding on

Just a suggestion, if you do want to build a model with groves in the bottom rail, is to get a piece of timber same width as the ends, drill out your holes on both sides and then cut down the middle of the two row of holes. The two outside pieces become the bottom rails, the middle section sits at the top.

I made one like this myself a couple of years ago, but it's not finished anywhere near as well as yours. It has a bit of a lean on it, but it's functional.

Also turned an old computer desk into a rack the other day. Was going to throw the desk out when it dawned on me that it could become a rod rack. The wheels on the bottom come in handy too.

The windy weather must have got a lot of us thinking about fishing related things when we couldn't actually fish. I knocked this one up 2 weeks ago. I looked at the commercially available ones at tackle stores and thought that the $110 price tag for a fairly rough product was a bit rich. I'll happily make these for anybody if we can agree on a reasonable price.

Some ripsnorters there fellas

MM, I had to do that plan.
    I'm like you...get the idea in the head then a search in the shed to see what there then bung it together.
    The plan was for others
    They took longer to do then the rack itself
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

MM, I had to do that plan.
    I'm like you...get the idea in the head then a search in the shed to see what there then bung it together.
    The plan was for others
    They took longer to do then the rack itself [/quote]

Thats why I never do plans cos they take to long.
    Some great workmanship by people on here it would be amazing what you could do if you could get all that skill in one place think of the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to be made. I have always believed that anyone can do anything as lng as they put their mind and common sense into it

Cheers Mad
    Grow old disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-One View Post
    Thats why I never do plans cos they take to long.
    Some great workmanship by people on here it would be amazing what you could do if you could get all that skill in one place think of the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to be made. I have always believed that anyone can do anything as lng as they put their mind and common sense into it

Cheers Mad
    Oh so true MM...
    I don't reckon the plastic tube and pipe coupling wouldn't take on though...has anyone priced those fittings lately...cheaper to buy the set of rods I'd reckon.

How many are interested in building a rack??
    The only reason I ask is I have a ton of tools here and they take virtually no time to build (if you have the right gear) and thinking (out loud) if a couple want to build one I'll have a building morning so you fella's can knock a few up.
    Last edited by finga; 10-07-2007 at 06:29 AM.

That could be interesting Finga.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin_Dan View Post
    That could be interesting Finga.
    Why's that??

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Oh so true MM...
    I don't reckon the plastic tube and pipe coupling wouldn't take on though...has anyone priced those fittings lately...cheaper to buy the set of rods I'd reckon.
    as a tradie and work on some big sites all you got to do is ask a plumber for a bit of this N a bit of that and wella........ done

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Why's that??
    Because I might take you up on the offer

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin_Dan View Post
    Because I might take you up on the offer
    Anytime
    (but not this week-end)

if anyone north of brissy who would like to make one i also have all the gear to build them and welcome anyone to a rod rack building day ,which could be organised , if anyone interested. bob h