Thread: Marcoola beach arvo sesh

Marcoola beach arvo sesh

Hi all,

Went down to marcoola beach with the sp rods to see if i could pull some tailor i have never fished in the surf but was impressed when i pulled this nice dart on a metal slug will be using slugs in the surf again

Re: Marcoola beach arvo sesh

good catch. someone correct me if im wrong but i dont think its that common to cath dart on slugs.

live-to-fish
    you can catch them on slugs and when they are on they will take small slug but most of the time they cant get the hook b/c of the little mouths. they do get jagged a fair bit though.

thats a pretty reasonable dart there (bet u thought u had a tailor). been heaps on the coast recently

Yeah i thought it had to be a tailor but yeah the tailor must just not have been on that day (maybe a bit early) but we did manage two small queenies on the slugs and another two dart one smaller than that one and one about the same size they were beaut on the plate cheers Fish5

yer mate im pretty experianced with the tailor fishing as your already aware and mate i can only suggest that you flick early moring or late afternoon because that is the best time for big tailor.

Quote Originally Posted by jpart10 View Post
    yer mate im pretty experianced with the tailor fishing as your already aware and mate i can only suggest that you flick early moring or late afternoon because that is the best time for big tailor.
    jpart10, how long would persist in a gutter before moving on?

Jpart10(aka jesse),

You have only fished for tailor twice at fraiser i wouldnt call yourself an expert... in other word i would ask some 1 else for tips about the gutter lol

Ok fish05 (aka??????) maybe you could impart some of your local knowledge on us. I've been puttin in the hours with not much reward. Maybe the southern end is not on fire as much as the northern beaches?
    Beachie (aka Adam)

lol i by no means am a experienced beach fisherman that was my second session in the surf i was just having a go at my mate jessie