Thread: anyone got a navman trackfish 6500?

Talking anyone got a navman trackfish 6500?

Are these units any good. only realy want it for the chartplotter.
    And price of what there worth
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: anyone got a navman trackfish 6500?

Scotty has one in the CCC I am fishing in all the time at the moment. Might even be a 6600 if one exists. Pretty large screen. He won a 620 Furuno at a game comp but the Navman was hanging in better and showing the bait we were jigging slightly better than the 620 yesterday. Could be a bit to do with transducer position or something but it certainly held its own. The plotter functions are fine. Just let down by running C Map cards. Easy to use and does everything you need it to do.

Smithy you don't rate the c map? I only realy want it for the plotter not the sounder. What mapping system do you prefer? I have seen navionics and blue chart but not the c map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gday spiro i have been using 5600 chartplotter and have for around 5yrs.Mates who have furuno's have also all switched to navman plotters, We all find cartography excellent, as easy as to read sand bars and reefs with many different colours . Navagating from bribie to cape at night a breeze. Very easy to use. We also all use the inbuilt fuel flow computers. I run these on my cat engines and is as accurate to 1 to 2 l per motor on a trip of say 150km. They also have the on chart hyway when using go to. Ya more than welcome to come check mine on the water as my whole dashboard is navman gear

I see the c-map cards ain't real cheep for them. Dose anyone know of any good deals on them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Might even be a 6600 if one exists. Pretty large screen.
    Yeah a 6600 does exist. I have one in the boat I just bought and have been pretty happy with it. Easy to use and the screen is nice and large, plus I have the fuel flow information which is very handy and accurate too. Adds a level of comfort when running 50nm each way!

I guess it would depend on how big a sea map you need Ie mine is witsundays to tweed heads i think but me mates have all got east coast cards they were a bit expensive, not sure where cheapest place would be maybe boat shows!

Hi mate

Don't know if the 6500 is any good (I'm trying to find that out for myself right now!) but I have found that BCF is selling them for $599! Their normal retail is $1339. It's on their website https://store.bcf.com.au/flex/default.aspx on the first page on the happy hour/web only prices.

Seems pretty good value!

i have a 6600 trackfish . they are the pob. the eazyest to use out of all the chart plotters would have to say that i wish they could run navionics charts .
    if you have mercey out borads you can link in with there smartcraft as this is what i have.
    like smithy i have found the sounder to beable to hold its own against but my 585 has the op in manual witch give it an advantage

bob

G'day

Spiro, We installed one on my uncles boat, great little unit.

The sounder is good, and the mapping is great, plenty of detail about everything.

There is also an option to pair a few other boats with your unit so you can see exactly where they are on your chartplotter.

The fuel flow is also good, aswell as the smartraft option that you are aware of.

From time to time, I have seen leisure marine offer free mapping for the units, I think its a promo that navman run themselves.

Dave

Hi spiro,

I have a 4500 navman plotter. I have nothing bad to say about the plotter, but I am more than disapointed with the C-map. I fish out of Lucinda and the accuracy of my location on the chart is cr@p. I would never trust it at night. When traveling up the channel to the Lucinda boat ramp, my location is supposedly on terafirma some hundreds of metres away from my actual location right next to the long jetty. It is the same story when fishing out the reef. I am fairly sure it is a C-map problem. I have the Balina to Darwin map. I would not buy one again.

Cheers,
    Matt.

Well the offer on the BCF site really was just a happy hour or they have sold out cause now it's gone. I missed out but maybe that's not such bad thing from what I'm hearing about it!