Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

Re: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

Quote Originally Posted by julian1 View Post
    does the Domiator handle alot different to a normal cats ie Noosacat and Kevlacats etc (i'm not sure fo Coastal as they are semi displacement ? and its hard to find any info on them) and does the Dominator really have catlike characteristics ? there seems to be few tipping over stories on this model. you always here of stories of cats tipping over (especially down here in Vic its a bit of a myth) but the only one i have heard are these Dominators
    In my opinion the Dominator for one banged really hard in a head sea, which is not a catlike characteristic. It walked like no other cat I have experienced and rolled like a mono.

(Yes you are spot on) the Dominator cat is the most rolled cat and history will tell you this. The sponson design is of a mono hull with a tunnel which runs from the bow to a finish width of approx. 350mm to the rear.

We do anywhere up to 120 mile round trip in my coastal cat obviously running into very rough seas, on all angles and it holds a deadline like no other I have experienced.

its hard to even find a pic of a Coatal Cat anywhere online, do you have any pics and details you can pm me ? it would be greatly appreciated

All very interesting! The age old comment that all cats are not the same is really quite valid. So was this being a "cat" have any influence on the out come, the thinking being all cats according to some are the same? Regardless of the cat hours how many hours were in this type of vessel prior to this incident?

Out of interest, Were foils fitted to these engines "when" this incident occured?

Now would like "Megatop" to rejoin the discussion, where are you megatop Oh and we also need to know your "interest" in this matter as well!

Regards, kerry.
    Last edited by Kerry; 02-07-2007 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    All very interesting! The age old comment that all cats are not the same is really quite valid. So was this being a "cat" have any influence on the out come, the thinking being all cats according to some are the same? Regardless of the cat hours how many hours were in this type of vessel prior to this incident?

Out of interest, Were foils fitted to these engines "when" this incident occured?

Now would like "Megatop" to rejoin the discussion, where are you megatop Oh and we also need to know your "interest" in this matter as well!

Regards, kerry.
    Kerry,
    What's the interest in hydrofoils on cat engines? My cat has hydrofoils and i was wandering if its a bad move having them and why.

G'day

Julian, There's one 18' Coastal Cat on boatpoint. The reference code is 6CP-220-52

I've been around a few of the 7M coastals, and they're magic.

Dave

I read all this and it leaves me a little bewildered. Ive now logged up around 1200 hours in my dominator and unfortunately most of the time its been in crap sea's and im yet to have any incident or even slightly uneasy characteristics occur in my hull.
    Im a little bit heavy on the throttle most of the time and having used the boat commercially ive found myself fishing in conditions that i probably shouldnt have been out in.
    I cant really comment on this roll over because all i know of it is what ive read here. But what i have observed is that the newer dominators sit a little different in the water to mine. Mine is usually loaded different to most, with bigger fuel tanks, a 1000 litre ice box etc, so it sit's a bit lower in the rear end. The floor is also a bit lower in the hull then the latest models.
    The test boats are awfully light and are very bouyant in the rear. The engines require plenty of trim to get the best out of the hull. Not as much as a noosacat, but still plenty all the same. This is opposite to the coastal cats that like the engines tucked well under.
    Kerry , i havent seen any foils on any of the boats.
    Julian, ive been out in most the major cat brands, the coastal is a smoother riding hull then most, it rolls more under way then the dominator and is alot slower due to its semi displacement design, but every design has its trade off's. I like them, but i like most cats.
    To sum up, i feel safe in my rig and ive done enough in it to know its capabilities it'll get me home safe, we all need to remember any 7 meter cat or mono of any make is not bullet proof, the ocean will win everytime, i hope all this court bussiness gets soughted out soon ...foxy

Its amazing how fast stories get changed when this happened i was told it was a power cat and the salesman rolled it. Does anywon know the beam of the dominator.

There was rumored that there was not enough saftey equipment on board for the people on it was this true?

Mark
    FISHING FISHING AND MORE FISHING. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?

Please Note I have gone and got some for those who are interested from
    Outside Edge and will post them shortly.

He Is currently offline. Should be back up and running in an hour or so,

Cheers Aj

Coastal Cat Pics

....Kerry,
    What's the interest in hydrofoils on cat engines? My cat has hydrofoils and i was wandering if its a bad move having them and why....
    There has been and still is quite a few different points of view on Cats with foils! What type of foils? What type of Cats? Well the thinking and the findings differ widely. I don't want to distract from the subject here so will not side track as all I want to know is did this particular Cat at the time of the incident have foils on or not?

There's been differing stories that no it didn't following the event but some have said the vent plates had been drilled. Just want to clarify.

....Kerry , i havent seen any foils on any of the boats...
    Foxy, Referring to "any of the boats", do you mean any of these particualr boats that have rolled?

Regards, Kerry.

Coastal Cat Pics1

OK GUYS

Somewhere in all of this we need to actually work out if this is going to be a BS thread and advertisment for some half breed or an actual real hard look at the point in question !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coastal Cat Pics2

It's looking like an Ad!!!

I reckon we get it back on topic, perhaps a dedicated coastal cat thread