Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannon Runner - 7m

Cannon Runner - 7m

Hey,

I know all the sideline commentators have an opion about the Markham 7m cannyon runners but I like to hear from anyone who fishes from the above regularly, eg - ride, fishing room, peformance in rough weather. Looking at 2007 models +

Thanks
    Luke

Re: Cannon Runner - 7m

Luke

Pm members Megatop or dfox they both run them and foxy really knows his boats so his should be the good oil!
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

And I think Dkbikes goes out in a 8m one regularly and Whalebone's dad has one. Seems to be more and more of them on the water every day from my observations.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    And I think Dkbikes goes out in a 8m one regularly and Whalebone's dad has one. Seems to be more and more of them on the water every day from my observations.
    Sales at Markham Marine on the larger boats has been very good considering
    the economic situation currently, but was is noticeable not many used models are for sale!!
    Must tell us something.
    I luv my little 5m version

Regards Frank

That was what i noticed Frank, not alot of them for sale. Seems to be plenty of Kevla cats 2400 for sale at present, which really offer good buying considering some of these boats have low hours and are priced well. I had a look at kevla cats at the boat show and i would have to say i was not that impressed with the fisnish and layout. Still a nice boat.

I thought the Sailfish n 2400 was far better setup for serious fishing, but I would rather stick with glass.

Luke

I've just been doing similar research as you are doing. Ended up buying a KC2400 because of the low hours, price and resale. Hard to go past. I've had a sailfish and yes they are an excellent boat and really well laid out for fishing. But i did get sick of the alloy. The dominator was my dream boat but resale worried me. Maybe in a few years when everything settles down I might look at them or a 2700 Noosacat.

620sf,

like smithy said i reguraly go out in the 8100 canyon runer, alls i can says is that it would be the best and proabably smoothest boat i even been on, plenty of room, and i think the look better then the nc and kc,its a very comfortable boat ride wise and room wise,
    4 METRES OF FUN

Quote Originally Posted by finding_time View Post
    Luke

foxy really knows his boats so his should be the good oil!

Yeah he showed me the "good oil" the other day.....foxy may be a serious fishing machine but he could use a bit more practice driving in a beam sea...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Yeah he showed me the "good oil" the other day.....foxy may be a serious fishing machine but he could use a bit more practice driving in a beam sea...

Scott

Do tell!

Ian

Ian, i was sitting on 30knotts to a nasty beam sea, i just backed off, as i did i hit a vertical wave. It put the rig onto the one sponsen at such an angle the ice box with 500kg of fish jumped out of its holders and five men fell to that side. Somehow the boat came back, but it put the wind up us, my stupidity, but we all learn ... foxy

Yep that would certainly put it up you! That really makes you wonder how they managed to roll those others though? After all if you cant do it with about 900 kg moving to the wrong side of a boat already leaning badly it must be bloody hard to do with a near empty boat!!

Ian

ps. Foxy did Scott squeel like a girl????

Doesn't matter how many hours you've done you alweays can still give yourself a good freight in averge conditions.

Foxy, I know you must be a good supporter of the Canyon runners. Whats your view? If you had to trade her in, where would you go for an other trailerable cat?

Foxy is known as the GREY FOX now as he was that colour when he arrived at Kurrimine boat ramp

All I want to know is why do people call them 'rollinators'.

The 8100 has jumped into the near front running for me - it would be interesting to see if any folks have further remarks to add to this thread.

Questions:

What's the cabin like, OK for two?

Does it have a dunny, or can an electric be fitted in one hull?

Any eski space in the floor?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.