Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

Re: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

Kerry, still curious as to what you call garbage????

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    $hit happens ! you can speculate on the boat, or the driver or whatever. It was that bloody Moreton Bay 2 ft chop again I tell ya
    Hi Black_Rat,
    That Moreton Bay 2ft chop must be a terror.

Is that what you guys up there tell stories about to spook the kids.
    Last time I was there it was like a millpond.

It cannot be much worse than Port Phillip Bay in a stiff breeze.

Regards
    seabug

Dean,

In my time of owning a business selling used boats I have been out in many many boats for test runs although I admit my twin hull experience is essentially non existant....

I am not deterred (as mentioned in your post) from multihulls, rather, I am intrigued by the comments thus far. I must admit that I WAS of the opinion that cats were far more capable than monos offshore (still believe that too) but am extremely interested in the topic overall.

I had for sale a while back a Sonata built cat (the yacht builder) and interstingly when you looked at the hull design this cat would have leaned into the turns (like a Markham as I understand it) given its slant vee design on each hull.

To stand at the rear of this vessel, the port side below the chine sloped towards an imaginery keel and the starboard side did likewise. This hull was however, hard chined, which should in effect assist with rollover resistance.

One will never know because the boat and trailer departed the tow vehicle and had an intimate moment with a tree on its way to the customer....... (he was paid in full)

Cheers

Dont hold ya breath Dean, I doubt you will get a reply....... I am still waiting

We must be talking Garbage.
    Last edited by Kiktz; 04-07-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Dean , Think someone is referring to 700m seas and 540kn winds.
    Sounds really , well, like garbage.......Mightn't be garbage but sounds like it..
    Outer edge are you saying that the waves where only 1 m , Was the intitial trough as such 1m or more in depth ?
    Ta

Quote Originally Posted by julian1 View Post
    did that seem really odd/unexpected at the time (i'm sure it did because you tiped over!) but rolling this way surely can't be the fault of the driver completely rolling this way certanly chnages my way of thinking how the whole vent went down
    sorry guys this was a brain dead moment thinking it rolled to the portside when actually rolling to the starboard side is the way i first thought it happened

lack of sleep !

dean 1 leave kerry alone he's watchin the origin!(it does sound like your speaking shit)

Ok, saurian, you think i am lying about the 54 knot winds and 6 metre swells?? Well call ty(reefking) a lier coz he told me this while we stood in the back of his 7m coastalcat. He actually experienced this while he was out at the swains reef? Fimiliar with the swains? Thats how confident he is with his boat! Now would you take this 7 metre rollinator to the swains? It wouldnt get outa the bay by the sounds of it.. Soulfish dont jump in and make smart remarks like that to me thanx very much when u dont have a ###### clue about the facts i have mentioned. Dean.

Onya soulfish , Hey Blackrat more like 3.1 ft chop, huge .
    Ta

Ok , dean point taken, chinese whisper it was.
    Anyway I fish on the inside of the swains as such and if it was 6m and 54kn I don't think I would still be here.
    Ta

bet he was hiding in a lagoon (catching trout of course)DEAN 1)

I think ty would be dissapointed with you saurian to underestimate his imformation. It sounds to me like you doubt it?? Ty doesnt seem like a lier he knows his stuff. Do you think those conditions dont exist out at the swains? Its a regular thing out there. Where r u now ty?????? Obviously underestimate a 7 metre coastal cat as well.

Well dean seems you are talking garbage again.
    But soulfish onya, bagging out waiting for it to blow over..lol..
    No I would not like to take a doominater or any 7m boat out in 6m seas & 100.008 km/hr winds out there , I personally don't think any 7m boat other than a liferaft would make it. Dean 7m seas is not just swell out there, thought that might help your whisper a bit.
    Ta

Well ty is talking garbage then....

Hes probably Fishing Dean