Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

Re: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

Looks like it's only going to be an advetizement!

Nothing to do with the "real facts" what so ever!

Foxy,

What year Coastal Cat did you ride in. Speaking for my own lil experience
    the 06 Comericial Hull is a Far Superior Hull to any of the prior hulls.

Kerry,

I have a question I would like answered, Why is it that even keeping in mind that guys like Foxy love there Boats and talk for highly about them. Yet there are more Dominators roll that most other Cat / Hull Design?

AJ

Kiltz,

The subject is Dominators, and in this case one very particular Dominator plus perhaps a few (more than few) of the same!

Why the hell you are bombarding this subject with other totally irrelvant crap is way beyond me?

If you want to show off something else then feel free to do it in another thread as just about none of your posts have anything to do with the actual subject what so ever so give it a rest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Kerry; 02-07-2007 at 08:09 PM.

Kerry

Take a Deeeeeep breath and slowly breathe out, repeat several times!

Ian

Ps Klitz

Foxy doesn't love his Dominator, he cant the way he drives it. He truely must hate that boat

About time we found out exactly what this post is all about! Stuff the breathing

Kerry,
    Why the hell you are bombarding this subject with other totally irrelvant crap is way beyond me?
    I honestly dont know what to say to you other than Julian asked for a
    pic of a coastal cat. I obliged............. If that is way beyond you..... Welll!!!!

Kerry

I assume that this post is about a long time skipper who has been blamed for a boating incident by both the retailer and the manufactor with the story( when we righted the boat the throttles were fully open , you make up your own mind)finally defending his reputation and giving his side of the story.

Ian

Ian,

Yes so lets go on with the story, the real facts and not the advertizing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Looks like it's only going to be an advetizement!

Nothing to do with the "real facts" what so ever!

Hi Kerry,

Had some internet issues so had to knock of the Mr`s laptop ( She will get over it )..

Had a mate come over (KIKTZ) and take some pic`s for a Ausfish member ,think it was Julian..when he got there he had two boats to choose from as my mate is getting some concrete work done..SO thats wy you see what you see..no advertising sceems here .

hope this clear`s that up..

What fact`s would you like to know ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Foxy, Referring to "any of the boats", do you mean any of these particualr boats that have rolled?

Regards, Kerry.
    Kerry. i havent seen any dominators with foils, i was refering to the ones setup for test driving at the dealership.
    Last time i spoke to markham (which was a long time ago) i think the number of 7 meter boats built was over 120.

Quote Originally Posted by finding_time View Post
    Kerry

I assume that this post is about a long time skipper who has been blamed for a boating incident by both the retailer and the manufactor with the story( when we righted the boat the throttles were fully open , you make up your own mind)finally defending his reputation and giving his side of the story.

Ian

Hey Ian,

You are spot on Mate, all i can do is give you the FACT`S.

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Edge View Post
    ....What fact`s would you like to know ?
    Foils? Did it have foils at the time of the "incident" or not?

Regards, Kerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiktz View Post
    Foxy,

What year Coastal Cat did you ride in?

AJ
    Mate ive been in brooksey's one, now owned by reefking (Ty), went for a run with him a few months ago as well...

Second Question?

Your time on this particular make/model before this "incident"?

Quote Originally Posted by dfox View Post
    I read all this and it leaves me a little bewildered. Ive now logged up around 1200 hours in my dominator and unfortunately most of the time its been in crap sea's and im yet to have any incident or even slightly uneasy characteristics occur in my hull.
    Im a little bit heavy on the throttle most of the time and having used the boat commercially ive found myself fishing in conditions that i probably shouldnt have been out in.
    I cant really comment on this roll over because all i know of it is what ive read here. But what i have observed is that the newer dominators sit a little different in the water to mine. Mine is usually loaded different to most, with bigger fuel tanks, a 1000 litre ice box etc, so it sit's a bit lower in the rear end. The floor is also a bit lower in the hull then the latest models.
    The test boats are awfully light and are very bouyant in the rear. The engines require plenty of trim to get the best out of the hull. Not as much as a noosacat, but still plenty all the same. This is opposite to the coastal cats that like the engines tucked well under.
    Kerry , i havent seen any foils on any of the boats.
    Julian, ive been out in most the major cat brands, the coastal is a smoother riding hull then most, it rolls more under way then the dominator and is alot slower due to its semi displacement design, but every design has its trade off's. I like them, but i like most cats.
    To sum up, i feel safe in my rig and ive done enough in it to know its capabilities it'll get me home safe, we all need to remember any 7 meter cat or mono of any make is not bullet proof, the ocean will win everytime, i hope all this court bussiness gets soughted out soon ...foxy

Hi Foxy,

One thing that i found interesting was when the Northside rep was taking her for a spin he had the motor`s trimed right down ..Q when i asked him bout the trim set , He Said , NO don`t need to touch them that`s the way they like it. I thought this was interesting..I said you know best mate sorry to ask.

I noticed you mentioned your Hull requires trim for the best possible ride,as does the Coastal cat`s.Wy would the Rep be so sure on this .

Your thoughts ?