Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

Re: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

Quote Originally Posted by finding_time View Post
    Thanks for the report!! I for one have been waiting for the skippers side for a while( were you the skipper at the time?), all we seemed to get on this incident were various reports from various sorces including northside marine that blamed driver error( eg when we righted the boat the throttles were in the fully open position, the driver must not have known what he was doing!) I have also heard of other reports , surely they cannot all be driver error.

Ian

Ps. It will be very interesting where this thread goes.
    Hi Ian,

Mate yes i was the skipper at the time of the incident, The reason the throttles were in a open position was due to the fact that my mate landed on top of me when the vessel layed on her side and caused the throttles to be open..... by this stage we had NO props holding water ....so i can tell you now that this comment was a lie...

Quote Originally Posted by peterbo3 View Post
    Outer Edge,
    The libel & defamation laws in this country allow you to state what happened. You can identify people, report what was said & what occurred. As this happened to you personally, unless there is a court order (injunction) or you have signed some form of non-disclosure agreement preventing you from speaking, then you may tell your story, providing that you do not come to conclusions which may be deemed to be outside your sphere of expertise.
    You CAN even name your source in Qld Transport..........just make sure that you have a record of your conversation with that person.
    So give us the full story. You chimed in with some new info so go for it.
    This is in the process of going legal, I have told the the short of the story, what would you like to know?

why did the port side motor stall ?

Are you being considered at fault for the accident by the dealers? Why is it going to court? I really liked the look of the Markham dominators I heard a similar story comeout of Sydney from a mate.

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by julian1 View Post
    why did the port side motor stall ?

Hi Julian,

The northside rep mentioned that it is a safety cut of when it has no water at the pump... but im not really sure as to wy at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Are you being considered at fault for the accident by the dealers? Why is it going to court? I really liked the look of the Markham dominators I heard a similar story comeout of Sydney from a mate.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris ,

I believe that yes they are saying it was driver error .

Going legal cause of valuble personal items lost from all.

And your mate who told you about a simalair story is right on . There has been 3 from sydney.

Cheers ,Outer Edge.

outer edge,

Have been waiting in anticipation for this report as i always wondered what happened. Sorry to see you were blamed for driver error, thats a cop out. I asked a rep from northside about that incident, about 2 months ago and he was quick to dribble crap regarding the throttles in an open position. thanks for clearing it all up and the report. Hope msq do something about it, as id hate to see what this model does in some decent swell .I hope you recieve the due compensation.

cheers

fish guts

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Edge View Post
    Hi Julian,

The northside rep mentioned that it is a safety cut of when it has no water at the pump... but im not really sure as to wy at this stage.
    if the port side motor cut out due to a safety of no water at the pump then it must have been out of the water for a very long time, that seems hard to believe
    i know that some yammies have stalled due to oil pressure when they have been on extreme angles, maybe this might be the case here? if my starboard side was digging in and the port side lost power and it was blowing 25 knots with large wind waves then its a wonder it didn't roll then, would not have been a fun situation
    what sort of cats have you done most of your hours in ?

Hi Ian,

, The reason the throttles were in a open position was due to the fact that my mate landed on top of me when the vessel layed on her side and caused the throttles to be open
    I thought it may have been something like this and stated as such in an earlier thread. It seems many people were willing to blame anything but the boat.

Ian
    \
    \ Here's that earlier thread Outer Edge

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...t=67426&page=2
    Last edited by finding_time; 01-07-2007 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by julian1 View Post
    if the port side motor cut out due to a safety of no water at the pump then it must have been out of the water for a very long time, that seems hard to believe
    i know that some yammies have stalled due to oil pressure when they have been on extreme angles, maybe this might be the case here? if my starboard side was digging in and the port side lost power and it was blowing 25 knots with large wind waves then its a wonder it didn't roll then, would not have been a fun situation
    what sort of cats have you done most of your hours in ?
    Mainly in my 7m Coastal cat...

But have also had sea time in Noosa and Kevla cats.

Quote : Northside Rep said ' I dont know what happened you did nothing wrong it just did nt want to correct back. And wy did the motor stall ,, i asked. He said it is a safety cut of ,BLA BLA BLA.

Cheers , Outer Edge.

So whereabouts did it flip ? Was it close to the ramp near Woody Point or further out in the bay?

The 150 like most Hondas have 2 stages of oil and temp safety systems, on both accounts the engine slows to 1800rpm for 20-30 seconds to re asses the fault if the engine does not recover, then the engine can be shut down. After reading your statement I am of the opinion the engine may have initialy come back to 1800 thru a temporary loss of oil pressure (rough weather and low oil level combined can cause this) after lossing power and the cat rolling onto its side it's a fair assumption thet the high pressure fueol pump could loose suction (due to the angle of the boat) and would cause the engine to stall

Garry
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Quote Originally Posted by finding_time View Post
    I thought it may have been something like this and stated as such in an earlier thread. It seems many people were willing to blame anything but the boat.

Ian

Ian,

I had a mate posting threads on this a while ago (yes your spot on ).I dont blame Northside for there coments as they gotta sell boats,and blaming the skipper is the best solution and most viable for them .

All i can say is i would be thinking twice about a purchase...

Even one of the blokes who works there said to my mate (who know each other ) dont touch it we nearly rolled one in the bay a wile ago ....all the blokes on that test run got thrown to one side in a simular situation.

Cheers , Outer edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    So whereabouts did it flip ? Was it close to the ramp near Woody Point or further out in the bay?
    From the Scarborough boat ramp next too Coast Guard, we were about 3mile out.

Mainly in my 7m Coastal cat...

But have also had sea time in Noosa and Kevla cats.

Quote : Northside Rep said ' I dont know what happened you did nothing wrong it just did nt want to correct back. And wy did the motor stall ,, i asked. He said it is a safety cut of ,BLA BLA BLA.

Cheers , Outer Edge.
    does the Domiator handle alot different to a normal cats ie Noosacat and Kevlacats etc (i'm not sure fo Coastal as they are semi displacement ? and its hard to find any info on them) and does the Dominator really have catlike characteristics ? there seems to be few tipping over stories on this model. you always here of stories of cats tipping over (especially down here in Vic its a bit of a myth) but the only one i have heard are these Dominators