Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

Re: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

Kev,

There are a few well other documented rollovers and the best was one filmed by a TV chopper crew. However this was actually in breaking surf on a bar, one engine drowned, they lost most of the power, I believe they got that one re-started only to loose the other one at which time with no steering capability they were speared down a wave and over she went. The end result of this type of bar scenario, no power is a no brainer.

There was also one off Mackay not so long ago which rolled over when one of the hulls filled with water.

I know of a few others (mone's and Cats) but they don't have any relevence to the subject here what so ever.

Regards, Kerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy94 View Post
    Hey Kerry!
    I will probably get banned for this but im sick of hearing your bulls**t.
    Get a life seriously, you probably are sum 15 yr old nerdy kid.... This topic is a good read but once it gets to the 4th page your bs starts and it turns into a s**t thread
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/%3b.jpg[/IMG]
    That's all right timmy boy you can joing the other dickheads in this one! They need a few more wacks like you.

Cant u c what youv done kerry? Youv ruined this whole topic you loser.. Go play on the road or something so as we can get back to where we were.... Never seen such a dropkick anywhere like you.... Seriously....

Mantaray....

I'm just an observer of this thread,and no dick about cats, but i can tell you one thing for sure, the owner/manufacturer of Dominator's must be aware of this thread, and must be bl@@dy cringing.It matters not if the allegations are true or not,throw enough mud and it sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean1 View Post
    Cant u c what youv done kerry? Youv ruined this whole topic you loser.. Go play on the road or something so as we can get back to where we were.... Never seen such a dropkick anywhere like you.... Seriously....

You got any details on these other "incidents" yet or you still belly aching?

The problem is you don't know where you are at the moment let alone where you want to be!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see something (anyything) that is positive from you instead of your whinging and whining and side ways duck shoving!

Smile Re: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

i will try to get this topic back on track.it would appear looking at what evidence we do have on the dominator,ie 7 roll overs,the other one i was aware of was the charter boat that rolled over in lake macquarie,apparantly rolled over crossing another boats wash.i think its fair to say the dominator may have a weakness in rolling over on its side in side on conditions,when you look at the design it has no chine on the outside of the sponsons,i believe this is too help it lean in on turns.its the only cat that i know of that leans in on turns,its also the only cat i have seen not to have chines on both sides of its sponsons.i think if you were driving one of these boats it would take some time to get used to the handling,the leaning in on turns and how the hull walked.almost every boat has its strengths and weaknesses,some things you can do in one boat you wont be able to do in another.obviously the design of the dominator is sensitive to rolling ,with no chine to help push it back up right and obviously its a boat that needs to be driven with a fair level of respect to its capabilities.im not saying its a lemon ,its just not the type of boat anyone can get it and drive without respect.regards opti

i agree paul, its a harsh reality. however the amount of praise the 7m dominator got in this months f&B was interesting. The editor raised the issue of the 3 or so that have rolled and concluded generally that the dominator was no different to any other cat, and brought home the notion of driver error and skill. wonder if dominator stopped paying for full page adds in f&B every month if the reporting would change ?

cheers

fish guts

Quote Originally Posted by paul251 View Post
    I'm just an observer of this thread,and no dick about cats, but i can tell you one thing for sure, the owner/manufacturer of Dominator's must be aware of this thread, and must be bl@@dy cringing.It matters not if the allegations are true or not,throw enough mud and it sticks.
    Litigation? is all very interesting but don;t forget about the little birdie singing in the sh$t

Smile Re: 7 M Rollinator Real Facts.......

hit the nail on the head fish guts ,hard not to be bias when they are paying 2 grand a month in advertising.

Good points made there Opti. The thing that Kerry is getting at, and whether you like his attitude or not, I too am still waiting to hear anything about another documented incident involving these craft. Untill someone can either prove or disprove these other cases, i may have to assume that this was an unlucky isolated incident. In this case, it would be unfair of us to start talking about all these rollovers like we were there. I will keep looking. After all, what are nightshifts for!!!

Damo
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

kingtin and timmy have cracked me up!!!

that is all!!!

cheers

lippa

Hey Deiter,

According to F&B the rollovers occured

1- Moreton Bay
    2- Bermagui
    3- Lake Macquarie

Id take that as enough documentation to conclude that the incidents did occur. Unless anyone works for MSQ i think it would be extremely hard to find documented evidence other than the marine incident reports that were lodged after each rollover. The closest bit of info you might get would be an old newspaper article on the net, or some info off an ausfish member who knows of the incidents in question.

cheers

fish guts
    Last edited by Fish Guts; 06-07-2007 at 06:50 PM.

Yes opti I do believe you have some very valid and some previously mentioned points in that!

I think the Dominator manufacturers will see this thread for what it is. It is the opinion of a few blokes who are passionate about their boating. There are a lot of factors to be considered in the whole incident and I don't think that the vessel or the operator can be held accountable totally in any of the instances. God knows Ford and Holdens crash every day and the factors in these instances are all different. One carachteristic is a constant though. Speed. Do I go faster or do I go slower ?????

Just bought a 7m sailfish, even after I read the thread about the 8.5 a while back.