Thread: Camping Somerset

Question Camping Somerset

Heading to Somerset for first time camping with the young kids and looking for some good spots to camp.

Re: Camping Somerset

Kirkleah. Good amenities- a little dearer than average- make sure you have strong tent pegs the ground is as hard as!
    Ray

Second that - Kirkleigh is the go and strong pegs are a MUST!

Cheers
    Scott
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

well for my two bobs worth I reckon u can't beat below the wall, once again good amenties pay for shower fire places a must! bring your own wood, shop up the road 100metres. Great spot

cheers kevin

kirkleigh is great , but with low water levels you have to camp a fair distance from the water if you want some reasonable flat ground to camp on.Otherwise it's a great spot.

Thumbs up Re: Camping Somerset

Hey Macja when are you going to somerset ? We go there once or twice a year as i have 2 young Kids and our other friends come as well with all there kids, we love it there, the kids all love it. Our camp site normally consists of about 20 or so people. We are heading there again on the 23rd june , the start of QLD school holidays. Going for 6 days

Cheers Gav

Post Re: Camping Somerset

Hi Gav,
    Sorry about that I haven't been on for a while now being a bit busy but I hope you had a great trip as we didn't end up going camping at all as yet.