Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Fishing For a Cause!

Re: Fishing For a Cause!

Quote Originally Posted by edleigh7 View Post
    Righto....I will have a go at Teasurer....C'mon ausfish members..wheres ya balls...everyone says yeah....yeah...lets get behind this thing so it can happen Hey Poodroo...its interesting that you asked me about my avatar and we both took the same shots on that Sunday morning...Excellent to see that you reckognize a sunrise when you see one

Ed
    Great stuff Ed. The help is going to be well appreciated. Mate that sunrise was so good that it copped a mention on the news on Sunday night as well. I wonder just how many like ourselves actually managed to capture it on camera?
    Anyhow we will be organizing another meeting soon to keep the planning happening so hopefully we will pick a day suitable for you as well Ed.

Regards,

Poodroo

Quote Originally Posted by schoesno1 View Post
    could there be multiple comps in different states to involve more people?
    G'day. Yes we are planning to include other states as well. People from other states can forward their entry fees to us and will be mailed out the brag mat just prior to the competition starting. The idea is that they can then catch their fish and take photos on the unique mat that will be specifically designed for the competition and then can email their photos to us to enter.

Poodroo

ed, you wer up at sunrise to take a pic of the sky on a sunday but never can get up to fish? and you call yourself a fisherman lol

Quote Originally Posted by B_E_N View Post
    ed, you wer up at sunrise to take a pic of the sky on a sunday but never can get up to fish? and you call yourself a fisherman lol
    What were you doing at sunrise on Sunday morning

hey Ben...why don't you have a go at Secretary??

Ed

lol i didnt get up at sunrise but close enough to it i went for a walk down to the pier to see if any yellow tail wer around but no.

i would if we could think up a different name, i really dont want to be called secretary! i know i would cop shlt off my mates if they found out which would prob happen

But think about it B_E_N....
    You'd get flowers on Secrataries Day.

what theres a seretaries day now? whens that, i better know seeing as i work in an office and might space on the date lol

Hey Ben...you know what secreatary's are meant to do for the Treasurer, don't you big boy

Ed

bahahahaha, alright ill let you have that one coz it was a good call, but see what i mean i havent even said yes to it and im already getting shlt

Seriously mate its only a title...think of the good you will be doing

Ed

lol yeh i know, if someone can outline roughly what duties i will be doing ill see what i can do, just sorta want to know what im getting myself into before i commit just to see if i will be able to do it

Quote Originally Posted by B_E_N View Post
    lol yeh i know, if someone can outline roughly what duties i will be doing ill see what i can do, just sorta want to know what im getting myself into before i commit just to see if i will be able to do it
    G'day Ben. The secretary's job is really quite basic. You just simply attend the meetings and jot down notes and brief outlines of what is being discussed at the meeting and then present a mini report (minutes) for all to read to keep them updated. If there are other duties you also wish to nominate yourself for in order to help out FFAC then you can put your hand up at will however just being a secretary is lots of help in itself. At the meetings when things are discussed it is great to have a few people on the committee because it is always good to have the ideas and input from everyone.

Regards,

Poodroo

P.S. Will post up the next meeting details soon.

secretary normally does minutes, handles all inward and outward correspondence as dictated by the committee. The worst off, of all official dutys I think, been there and done it a couple of times. Seems very often thankless but at the same time very rewarding. If you have never held this postion it is worth while for the experience.
    cheers
    blaze

Dont forget coffee duties

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    secretary normally does minutes, handles all inward and outward correspondence as dictated by the committee. The worst off, of all official dutys I think, been there and done it a couple of times. Seems very often thankless but at the same time very rewarding. If you have never held this postion it is worth while for the experience.
    cheers
    blaze
    Well under most situations the position of secretary may well be thankless however with FFAC it will be an often thanked position.

Cheers,

Poodroo