Thread: Fishing For a Cause!

Re: Fishing For a Cause!

Unfortunately Poodroo 20th July is next friday mate

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike View Post
    Unfortunately Poodroo 20th July is next friday mate

Mike
    Thanks Mike.. I stand corrected. The 22nd is the Sunday. Gee did I really have that hard a day at the office?

Poodroo

This is great!

WE are new members and have found more and more fantastic stuff on this site, and now we've just discovered this discussion.

Chas works full time for a national children's & young people's cancer charity (which we won't name because we don't want it to look like we are trying to edge in on the great charity that you have chosen to support) but we do want to say how impressed we are that this whole idea is getting off the ground.

Charities need all the support they can get, well done Poodroo, and the rest of the committee and supporters!! Fundraising isn't the area that Chas works in (he is in the area of providing support services to the children and families), so we don't have particular expertise to offer, but we will keep an eye on the discussion and if we have anything useful to add will do so.

Again on behalf of charities in general...THANKYOU!

C&C

Quote Originally Posted by Chas & Clarry View Post
    This is great!

WE are new members and have found more and more fantastic stuff on this site, and now we've just discovered this discussion.

Chas works full time for a national children's & young people's cancer charity (which we won't name because we don't want it to look like we are trying to edge in on the great charity that you have chosen to support) but we do want to say how impressed we are that this whole idea is getting off the ground.

Charities need all the support they can get, well done Poodroo, and the rest of the committee and supporters!! Fundraising isn't the area that Chas works in (he is in the area of providing support services to the children and families), so we don't have particular expertise to offer, but we will keep an eye on the discussion and if we have anything useful to add will do so.

Again on behalf of charities in general...THANKYOU!

C&C
    Thanks C&C and you're most welcome. It is getting off the ground ever so slowly but it will happen.

Just a reminder that this Sunday was the proposed next meeting. Please give me a PM to let me know if it suits everyone who wants to help.

Regards,

Poodroo

Same place??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Same place??
    Yeah. Pies and sausage rolls?............There's no mud crab left sorry

kev

Top Tip:

Pregnant weatherwomen. When presenting the report, stand front on to the camera so that anybody living west Toowoomba can see what the weather will be like in their area.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Same place same time.. hey Kev we can all bring something along. I will bring something sweet to have with coffee.

Regards,

Poodroo

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    Same place same time.. hey Kev we can all bring something along. I will bring something sweet to have with coffee.

Regards,

Poodroo
    My mum reckon's I'm sweet but there's no way in 'ell your gunna have me with coffee
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post

Regards,

Poodroo
    Suit yerselves but take it back if it doesn't get eaten. I'm trying to diet

kev

Top Tip:

Shoe bombers. Increase your payload by becoming a clown.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Kev - Trying to Diet.....or Dying to Try-it???

See ya Sunday.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Puff_Daddy View Post
    Kev - Trying to Diet.....or Dying to Try-it???

See ya Sunday.
    I've tried it mate. It's not all it's cracked up to be............unless I'm doing it wrong?

kev

Top Tips:

Men. When listening to your favourite CD, simply turn up the sound to the volume you desire; then turn it down three notches. This will save your wife from having to do it.

G'day everyone, just a quick post to advise the latest information with regards to Fishing For a Cause as a result of Meeting #2 which was held today 22nd. July 2pm at Kingtin's place. Once again thanks to Kingtin and his lovely wife for being so obliging and allowing us to host our meetings at their place.
    Firstly as founder/originator of Fishing For a Cause I made the decision to make Chris Ryan (Big_Puff_Daddy) the president and I have personally at this stage taken on the role of Chairman and Secretary until such a time where someone volunteers their services to take on board the position as Secretary to lighten my workload. Present at the meeting were myself, Chris (Big_Puff_Daddy) and Kev (Kingtin).
    1/ We have now drawn up an application to be recognized as an incorporated association to be submitted to the office of Fair Trading. Once this has happened we can then get an APN number and open up a necessary bank account to start the ball rolling.
    2/ An application to become a registered charity is currently under way and more information will be posted in the near future as it becomes available. For anyone interested in sponsorship please PM me and I will give my contact details and email address so I can advise of bank account details in the near future once it is all set up and running.
    For more details please PM either myself or Big_Puff_Daddy should you wish to help in any way. Please remember that "Many Hands Make Light Work" so the more people who put their hands up to assist us will be greatly appreciated. We still have two positions available on the committee for Treasurer and Secretary.

Regards,

Poodroo

P.S. Is there any way the mods can make this thread a sticky again please???
    Last edited by Poodroo; 22-07-2007 at 05:59 PM.

[quote= We still have two positions available on the committee for Treasurer and Secretary.

Regards,

Poodroo

P.S. Is there any way the mods can make this thread a sticky again please???[/quote]

Righto....I will have a go at Teasurer....C'mon ausfish members..wheres ya balls...everyone says yeah....yeah...lets get behind this thing so it can happen Hey Poodroo...its interesting that you asked me about my avatar and we both took the same shots on that Sunday morning...Excellent to see that you reckognize a sunrise when you see one

Ed
    Last edited by edleigh7; 31-07-2007 at 06:22 PM.

could there be multiple comps in different states to involve more people?

edleigh that is great. The more help the better - many hands make light work.

schoesno1 - the idea is to hold a comp with SE QLD participation at an event location, however it is open to all national and international competitors.

Poodroo if I may.....As part of the entry fee there will be a brag mat provided which is going to be unique for each year of the competition. The idea is anyone can enter, catch a fish and take a pic of it on the bragmat. That way experienced fisho's, newbies, and non ausfish members can participate along with the crew from this great site. Then with the turn-out from ausfish members we hope will attend, we can get them across becoming a member here too!

As there is a secret length of species planned, it is not necessarily biggest is best although there will be some prizing wrapped around this. More details will come through as planning is agreed upon by the committee. If you have ideas and would like to help us in putting them into practice, we are opening membership to the FFAC over the next few weeks.

Cheers,
    Chris
    President - FFAC
    Cheers,
    Chris