Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Fishing For a Cause!

Re: Fishing For a Cause!

Really don't think this is the place for enciting an arguement. Poodroo has the idea and is driving this so its his choice for what charity. If yas wanna blue over this stuff - take it into a test board forum and duke it out.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Big daddy - it was not my intention to incite an argument. Just thought the guys may have been unaware of the activities of their chosen charity. Pinhead says every penny counts - but the chosen ones spent $1.5M on research last year out of $20M revenue.

They can have a fundraiser for Greenpeace if they wish. I don't care.

Oooooh, Big Puff Daddy,

Are you really handsome?

TOL

Hey John_R - no worries mate. Just trying to keep the positive nature of what Poodroo has started in play.

TOL - My missues reckons so......dunno what she see's; must get her eyes checked again.
    Cheers,
    Chris

No matter which charity is chosen someone will disagree with it. As someone who has lost a friend to cancer, and is their mother get over heart surgery for heart disease and blocked arteries (caused by smoking), and watching another friend go through breast cancer I am all for the QCF.

If you have other opinions that is your affair, just be a little tactfull in the way you put it forward. That includes those of us who support this particluar charity.

As someone who has been involved in fund raising for a few charities over the years I can tell you that most of them only use the money to DIRECTLY benefit their cause. A great deal of the money must be used for paid employees (the scope of the logisitcs involved is just too much for volunteers), for advertising their charity, and in the case of QCF and others, preventative campaigns.

John, I am not having a go at you personally so please don't take it that way, just trying to put things in perspective for everyone. Just please don't get me started about Greenpeace!LOL They are actually one of the worst.

Brett

May 2006 Order New Hilux - June 2006 Order ARB & Other Goodies - August 2006 Organise fitting of ARB & Other Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Delivery of New Hilux with Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Break Goodies - 3rd September 2006 Use Angle Grinder to Modify New Goodies - 4th July 2007 BEND ARB rear protection bar (Big Rocks) - 31st July 2007 Notice cracked welds in the ute tub. TWIST!! - September 2007 Bend Alloy Side Steps - Feb 2008 Install steel side steps - March 2008 Bend Steel steps & Punture Diff Lock Air Line

Fishing For a Cause-UPDATE!!!!

G'day all, well the first meeting in response to the original thread "Fishing For a Cause" was held yesterday at 2pm and Kingtin was kind enough to play host to it. Thanks once again! We waffled on for 3 hours but achieved what we set out to do which was to meet and exchange ideas and get a basic plan into fruition. Present were Myself, Kingtin (And Bridgette), Black_Rat, Finga, and Big_Puff_Daddy. So here is a basic outline of what we have come up with. For those who attended the meeting feel free to add to the thread in case I have missed anything.

The fundraiser event is to be held in February '08.

The Charity is still to be The Qld. Cancer Fund.
    The event is going to be a One Day Event only.

The place it will be held will be The Pin just in case the weather gods aren't kind on the day and turn the fans on.

The main focus is Catch & Release (Although if you want to take home a feed that's fine).

We intend to make it a Clean up the Pin Day with a prize for the most amount of collected slimey rubbish.

Each person who pays their entry fee (Have not decided how much as yet) will be issued a unique brag mat which will have all the sponsor names on it which will be issued on the day of the competition. The idea is that the fish caught can be measured and weighed and have their photo taken on the brag mat and the photo submitted to the judges who will enter the photo into the computer on the day.

The competition will be open to anyone. Those who live in different states and overseas can enter also. Once the entry fee is paid the brag mat will be posted out and they can catch their fish and send their photo via email. We will nominate a prize for a particular species which can be caught in their area with a "secret" measurement and the closest to that measurment gets the prize.

More info will be shared as things get organized.

We will be in search of sponsors so anyone out there willing to get in behind the idea will be more than welcome.

We currently need to form an organizing committee and currently have available positions for :-

Chairperson- (Already filled) by myself
    Treasurer - (Already Filled) by Big_Puff_Daddy
    Secretary- To attend meetings and record the minutes.
    Anyone can attend meetings to offer help. Always welcome.

Kind regards,

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 09-07-2007 at 07:34 AM.

Poodroo,

Top idea.

As the owner of a screenprinting & signage company in Brisbane I am offering my services for any printing of Bragmats/Stickers & or Signage that you may require.

PM me if you like & we can discuss.

Matt
    c'mon, take the bait....

Quote Originally Posted by biosbro View Post
    Poodroo,

Top idea.

As the owner of a screenprinting & signage company in Brisbane I am offering my services for any printing of Bragmats/Stickers & or Signage that you may require.

PM me if you like & we can discuss.

Matt
    Thanks Matt. Pm has been sent to you.

Regards,

Poodroo

What sort of sponsors are you after Poodroo? And how much you looking for off them etc? Might be able to rustle up one or two

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike View Post
    What sort of sponsors are you after Poodroo? And how much you looking for off them etc? Might be able to rustle up one or two

Mike
    Mike it doesn't really matter about how much the sponsors want to donate to the cause. Every little bit counts whether it be $500 or $50,000. We will soon have an appropriate bank account open just for this cause. My bosses said they will be in it for $1000 and I know I have another sponsor lined up for $500. There may also be one in the pipeline for a substantial sum to be advised. So whatever is good mate. The brag mat idea is already looking like it is all but organized too. Biosbro can take care of the manufacturing and printing up. I'm thinking the more sponsors we get the bigger the brag mat is going to have to be to fit them all on. Thanks in advance,

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 10-07-2007 at 07:15 PM.

This is what I RESPECT, the guys/girls that are doing this type of thing
    well done all
    cheers
    blaze
    ps sort of an explanation in reference to a post I put up called simple RESPECT,

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    This is what I RESPECT, the guys/girls that are doing this type of thing
    well done all
    cheers
    blaze
    ps sort of an explanation in reference to a post I put up called simple RESPECT,

Thanks Blaze. Nice to know someone appreciates our efforts. This is going to be one major task to get going but it is already gaining momentum pretty rapidly.

Cheers,

Poodroo

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    I'm thinking the more sponsors we get the bigger the brag mat is going to have to be to fit them all on.

Poodroo
    We might have to start refering to it as a 'brag blanket'. This is shaping up to be something 'special' - (thanks Bruce for that one).

Matt
    c'mon, take the bait....

Mods can we get this pinned please this is too important to get on a back page.
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Planning on having the next organization meeting on Sunday 22nd. July. Anyone interested in coming just give me a PM. Hopefully this date is okay with everyone. Will make it the same time as the last one at 2pm.

Regards,

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 13-07-2007 at 07:29 PM.