Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing For a Cause!

Re: Fishing For a Cause!

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Puff_Daddy View Post
    Good idea Mike. I will have to see if I can borrow a brain for the morning.....

I only need to borrow half a brain Big Puff.....................that's based on the fact that my wife keeps telling me I am a halfwit.............

Mike

I sorta like the idea of the online/brag mat idea, I could then be part of it. Like if the entry fee was say $50.00 per family which include the brag mat with the id ect, if one of the big tackle company could be found to sponser the total cost of the mat.
    cheers
    blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike View Post
    I only need to borrow half a brain Big Puff.....................that's based on the fact that my wife keeps telling me I am a halfwit.............

Mike
    Deadset, Class 1A high quality GOLD there Mike - been chuckling for the last 10mins. Guys in the office here think its the voices in my head again.....
    Cheers,
    Chris

Hey Poodroo - why not run both an online/national photo submission contest as well as a physical SE QLD tournament? It will take a lot more management but publicity isn't that hard to come by - and we can secure more participants = $$ via a national gig.

Anyway, I reckon get my borrowed brain and Mike's half and the others and we might be able to knock sumfin up dude.

Puff
    Cheers,
    Chris

We would be up for helping in any way possible Poo!

I do a good morning tea!

Cheers
    Janine

Poodroo has put forward a draft plan for the event. My suggestion to Poodroo is that unless people who make suggestions for radically different ideas are prepared to join your committee and do the work, they should be ignored.

Just IMHO from experience.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

That sounds like a brilliant idea FNQ.
    Why should the Brisbane boys have all the fun? LOL
    I reckon it'd be sensational to have international members competing if they wish!
    Great idea!

Cheers Jeff.

Thanks once again for the support and ideas. I like the idea of the online competition but it is an entirely different game plan to what I was thinking. Perhaps that idea could get off the ground too. My only concern however is that it would be too easy to post up old archive pics of fish caught last year etc and there are clever people like Charleville who can make a fish look way more impressive using state of the art programs.
    I have to say a meeting is definitely on the cards and I also know Herm (Janine) does put on a mean morning tea. So if all are in favour I might tee something up with Janine if she is okay with it.

Cheers,

Poodroo

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    Thanks once again for the support and ideas. I like the idea of the online competition but it is an entirely different game plan to what I was thinking. Perhaps that idea could get off the ground too. My only concern however is that it would be too easy to post up old archive pics of fish caught last year etc and there are clever people like Charleville who can make a fish look way more impressive using state of the art programs.
    I have to say a meeting is definitely on the cards and I also know Herm (Janine) does put on a mean morning tea. So if all are in favour I might tee something up with Janine if she is okay with it.

Cheers,

Poodroo
    Well I 2nd that option. Just shout where and when mate!
    Cheers,
    Chris

Well I 2nd that option. Just shout where and when mate!
    Okay this weekend wasn't suitable to meet up at Herm's place but possibly next Sunday 8th. of July is looking okay. For all those who put their hand up to help out I will PM you with place and time and hopefully it will suit. Look forward to catching up and getting things started.

Regards,

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 29-06-2007 at 05:43 PM.

G'day again people, I have been in contact with Herm (Janine) and some personal family matters will prevent us from meeting at her place for a little while so I was thinking we could meet at a quiet little coffee shop somewhere to get things started. Please put in some suggestions for a centrally located coffee shop that everyone will be happy to drive to hopefully. If I don't see anything posted up I will find somewhere and PM those who said they would be willing to help out.

Regards,

Poodroo

Well I live out west so anything from Beenleigh east is OK to me. Just let me know where and when mate.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Well I live out west so anything from Beenleigh east is OK to me. Just let me know where and when mate.
    No worries. I will be trying to find somewhere close to Brisbane without being in Brisbane itself so that I can meet most people half way. If anyone knows of a good little quiet coffee shop somewhere feel free to suggest it.

Regards,

Poodroo

Thumbs up Re: Fishing For a Cause!

Goodluck people, fantastic ideas. Would be plenty of fishing clubs up your way, you would think most would be in to do a part. Could be a start of something huge. Would be great to see this on a national scale. We need more people like u lot.
    Bird

Poodroo, just some suggestions about sponsorship. Definately do what you are thinking and others have suggested, get money/prizes from bigger companies involved in the fishing/boating organisation. Without this the event would not happen. My suggestion is have different classes of financial sponsorship, say $200.00, $500.00, $1000.00 and size the banners accordingly. I am a small company (6 employees) and would be interested in sponsoring the event, but would be unable to put forward too much money. The $500.00 would probably be about it at this stage, but who knows.

Naturally the major sponsor would get branding rights, but maybe the smaller guys get a small sticker placed on the boats too. This is how we did it on my fathers Variety Bash car. The more a sponsor put in, the bigger the sticker. Everyone entering was happy to display the sticker packs, and they can come off after the event if the boaties don't want to keep them.

Also, would the fisher-people need to be a member of a club to enter the comp? I am not a member of any club, and neither are most of the guys I know, but they may be interested in entering this comp. It would be a pity to exclude them (ME!!!) on this basis.

Have you thought of line classes, or just fish what you bring? I wouldn't mind 'Fish what you bring', cause that would encourage the less experienced people out there who only have basic fishing gear and knowledge. And those more experienced people should be able to get bigger fish on lighter line than the newbies anyway.

I may also be able to lend a hand setting up or transporting gear for the day, but probably can't help with commitee/organising. Have two utes with tow bars and access to a couple of trailers.

Now heres the hard part... those organising the event probably won't get to go fishing. That includes those offering help transporting gear and setting up.

Anyway, PM me if you need anything.

Brett

May 2006 Order New Hilux - June 2006 Order ARB & Other Goodies - August 2006 Organise fitting of ARB & Other Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Delivery of New Hilux with Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Break Goodies - 3rd September 2006 Use Angle Grinder to Modify New Goodies - 4th July 2007 BEND ARB rear protection bar (Big Rocks) - 31st July 2007 Notice cracked welds in the ute tub. TWIST!! - September 2007 Bend Alloy Side Steps - Feb 2008 Install steel side steps - March 2008 Bend Steel steps & Punture Diff Lock Air Line