Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing For a Cause!

Re: Fishing For a Cause!

Poodroo, let me know where and when. I will gladly spare what time i can to help get it off the ground. No problems sitting on some sort of organising committee with you to do it. Just let me know.

Mike
    0401 895 856

Where would it be held?...Maybe there could be a few weigh in spots, in different towns/cities?

Wow I have just come home from work and wasn't quite expecting the responses that it has already got. Kind of overwhelming really but that's great. I guess because this potentially can be a huge affair then my first step would be to organize a small committee of people who can help with the planning. I can avail myself to meet almost any night so I will just keep my eye out for volunteers to form that committee. I know insurance as Pinhead has stated can be a huge cost however if the event gets enough sponsors we should be able to cover the costs. As for a time that will be decided at a later date but I'm thinking it would be a great way to see out 2007 with a major event for a good cause. Keep the ideas coming guys. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Poodroo

Dont wish to be a dampener Poodroo, but I think you will get a shock as to just how high insurance will be mate.

Mike

I have a pretty good idea Mike. Remember the days of the RNA Pet And Hobby Expo that used to be held yearly? I was a part of the organizing committee for that which was always a massive event and a large percentage of the proceeds went to the Qld. Cancer Fund. I know a lot of work will need to be done to make this happen but I am sure it could happen but I am going to need a lot of support and help to get it going I think. Will keep in touch via this thread for ideas. I know there are a lot of people in Ausfish from all walks of life who have the ability to help get the idea up and running.

Regards,

Poodroo

if you are going to be doing it for the cancer fund, you will need their approval to use their name..I can send you the email address or give them a ring first. Not sure about the heart foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    if you are going to be doing it for the cancer fund, you will need their approval to use their name..I can send you the email address or give them a ring first. Not sure about the heart foundation.
    Thanks Greg. Much appreciated. It would be interesting to hear their feedback regarding this idea. Generally my way of thinking is that they'd probably not say no to any form of fundraising as they need all the funds that they can get. If you can't get in touch with them I will give them a call. Just let me know.

Cheers,

Poodroo

If you can put what you have planned up here it may help with getting some help and sponsors. From previous experience with this subject, most people will not jump on board untill they see exactly what you have planned, full details. Then you can organise an organising committee. Otherwise it is just another one of those ideas...

Just post up the full details, except date of course, that can be fine tunned once you get the rest together.

Poodroo...great idea mate ...i'm certainly prepared to give some of time up towards the event. It would have to be on weekends though for half a day to a day (work permitting )...but shouldn't be any dramas.

I hope it gets off the ground..and if it looks like it send me PM

Ed

Poodroo - mate if you want someone to right up a brief for the charities, let me know. I'd be more than happy to put something together with you.

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    If you can put what you have planned up here it may help with getting some help and sponsors. From previous experience with this subject, most people will not jump on board untill they see exactly what you have planned, full details. Then you can organise an organising committee. Otherwise it is just another one of those ideas...

Just post up the full details, except date of course, that can be fine tunned once you get the rest together.

Okay thanks for the ideas Steve. As yet there are no plans to put up here because it only started as an idea this morning but I will endeavour to collect and post more info throughout this next coming week. I think the Qld. Cancer Fund is going to be the charity we go with purely based on personal losses within my own family to the horrid disease and also that it does not discrimnate who it affects. Women, men, children, and virtually any living thing on this planet can fall to it so I find it is a very worth cause. Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far. Good to know there are lots of charitable people on this site.

Cheers,

Poodroo

Just pinned this as a sticky on the front page
    Regards

mod5

Great idea Poodroo,

I can help with artwork for print etc, also we do lots of stuff for media and TV, sure i can work out a deal at work, have all the right facilities etc

cheers
    Mike

wow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what a response,,, and it is good idea,,,,

andrew i'll pm my contact number for tomorrow,,,, i'm based in the home office at this stage,,, but that may change

insurance is part of my day to day,,,, i'll obtain info here for average pricing

qld cancer fund has no objection to a fund raising event that is non profitable and the proceeds that are redeemed to the fund show that the funds raised have no liability to the qld cancer fund,,,

in simple terms,,, donations are always accepted that in turn has no legal comeback on the fund themselves,,,,

sponsorship,,,,,,,,,mmmmmm i'll talk more tomorrow,,, but i may have something if you get some idea's together that may assist here,,, after all i do work for a fairly large company that deals primarily in one product

pm'ing ya now,,,,, by the way,,,, you've still got a box of stuff waiting for collection here too,,,,,, start charging storage shall i???????

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Had a look into a similar idea for this bream season. The plan was to have an online comp with a $10.00 entry. Comp was going to be a secret weight with people paying there entry fee and then posting up a pic with the weight of the fish. Prize was going to be $1000.00, winner take all.

The snag was that insurance was going to be $3000. So 400 people, at $10.00 each, would have to enter before a profit was made to donate anything to anyone. Similar thing happened with the one Pinhead tried to organise.
    Hence why I suggested that you put together the main brief first. Get your insurance quote, if you can get an insurer, and then go from there.