Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Fishing For a Cause!

Re: Fishing For a Cause!

Thanks BilgeBoy. We have the determination to get this off the ground so any support whether it be financial or just a pat on the back is well appreciated. Will have an official account set up real soon so we can start to target the sponsorship in a big way so for anyone on Ausfish willing to lend a financial helping hand that would be great. We will be also targeting outside help also. Any sponsorship big or small will have their names printed on the official brag mat. The larger the sponsorship the larger the representation will be on the brag mat and so forth. There will be a lot of future advertising also to get not only our name out there but also those who sponsor us. We have a plan and are slowly but surely putting it into fruition.

Regards,

Poodroo

Lightbulb Re: Fishing For a Cause!

Hey poodroo, not sure if anyone has mentioned this in the previous posts (not going through them all again) when i was at the power boat racing at redcliffe last sunday lots of different sporting clubs was trying to raise money, and was making heaps. if use go to different places that attract lots of people, eg a boat ramp on a 5-10 knot weekend and put a sign up saying fishing for a cause and just on write on the sign what it is all about. im sure you will get heaps of donations, just get a steel box and chain it around a pole or tree with a hole in the top of it. And once again yous are doing a great job getting this off the ground.

cheers tassie JR

Thanks tassie. There will be lots of ideas thrown around at the next meeting for sure so all input is appreciated.

Poodroo

G'day Poodroo...just wanted to keep this fresh mate....any new developments with this mate??

Or have you been too busy fishing??

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edleigh7 View Post
    G'day Poodroo...just wanted to keep this fresh mate....any new developments with this mate??

Or have you been too busy fishing??

Ed
    G'day Ed. Me? Fishing? Not me surely. Apart from having our application approved by the Office of Fair Trading not a lot more has happened. Actually prior to seeing your post I had just finished emailing Big_Puff_Daddy about getting together to organize our bank account. The next step that we will be taking is working on our letter of introduction to our prospective sponsors and fine tuning that so that we can start getting ourselves out there. We will be working on approaching some advertising as well. Steady as she goes and we will get there. Next meeting will definitely be on the first Sunday next month however we will need a different venue for this one seeing as our usual host will not be home for it. I will be giving more info soon about where we will be hosting the next meeting.

Regards,

Poodroo

If you get stuck we should be able to have at my house, I'll just have to check with the missus, but there won't be sausage rolls and party pies

Let me know

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edleigh7 View Post
    If you get stuck we should be able to have at my house, I'll just have to check with the missus, but there won't be sausage rolls and party pies

Let me know

Ed
    I have it covered Ed.
    Just to let everyone know that the next meeting for FFAC is going to be Sunday, 7th. October 2007 at 2pm.
    I will host the next one at my place so PM me for the details.

Regards,

Poodroo

Excellent - See ya there Poodroo.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Sorry again about yesterday, fellas, the missus had a bit of sunstroke What did I miss??

And what can I do to help? You can post on here or email, whatever suits

Ed
    Last edited by edleigh7; 08-10-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Hey Ed,

I went through a few things with Poodroo regarding timelines for activities coming up and where things are set from a foundation perspective. There are some activities coming up very soon which will require a lot of effort and input from yourself, Ben and others if they are wishing to assist.

I hope Poodroo doesn't mind me letting all know that there are good things to report thus far - the Association is Incorporated, the banking details are just about set in place as are the taxation requirements very shortly. Insurance quotes are coming along as well so we will have some estimate on that.

We have some donations either passed across or committed to us. Our website and logo are in progress to enable people to participate/nominate as well see the sponsor information and post their fishing pics for the event.

All in all there have been some massive steps made and all systems going the right way. Poodroo will be posting more info as things progress and I will send you something soon via email too.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Thanks Big_Puff_Daddy, the main thing is that we have things in the pipeline but thanks to Chris we have an outline of where FFAC should be within the coming months. A lot of groundwork has been covered but we are still at the bottom of the ladder and a long climb ahead. We will be sourcing a solicitor soon also. Many hands make light work and if there is anyone out there who are willing to jump on in to give us a hand I know it will be very much appreciated by the core committee.

Regards,

Poodroo

Poodroo what you and your crew have done is nothing short of amazing and I congratulate you all. Myself and a few of my fishing buddies from the Gladstone/TannumSands area are thinking of taking holidays and coming down there and showing you guys how to catch the big fish. Man you guys are awesome Polky.

Thanks fellas...sounds excellent, just let me know via email

ill also apologise for not being able to be there, my crap day got worse, after not getting the car going our boat was stolen later on that night but luckily no gear or outboard. i would like to catch up soon again even if its not a whole group meeting just to get direction.

Boys - email sent with update.
    Cheers,
    Chris