Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Fishing For a Cause!

Re: Fishing For a Cause!

Still up for Sunday?....Do I need to bring anything??

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edleigh7 View Post
    Still up for Sunday?....Do I need to bring anything??

Ed
    Yes it is still on Ed. Chris AKA Big_Buff_Daddy (FFAC President) unfortunately cannot make this meeting due to family commitments requiring his presence in Sydney but I will still hold the meeting in his absence. The meeting will basically be to share more ideas and to touch base with everyone (especially the new members). Will see you there.

Regards,

Poodroo

G'day everyone, just a quick report to advise that our third meeting went ahead as planned without our president present on this occasion due to family commitments requiring him to be interstate. First of all thanks to Kev (Kingtin) for his hospitality once again and enabling us to hold our meeting at his place. I'm sure we all walk away another kilo heavier every meeting. Those hot pies and sausage rolls went down nicely in this damp cold weather.

Secondly I'd like to welcome Ed (Edleigh7) and Ben (B_E_N) to the team. Ed has joined our committee as our newly appointed treasurer and Ben has chosen to donate his services to the cause as our new secretary so we are now a complete team.
    Basically to bring Ed and Ben up to speed the meeting covered most of what we have discussed in previous meetings and also current news as far as what is being done to get FFAC off the ground.
    Last news included submitting an application to the Office of Fair Trading to be recognized as an incorporated association. What seems to have been a long time they have finally got something in the post for us so we now have the ball rolling and will be able to start planning. Soon we will have our bank account set up and be looking for much needed sponsorship. FFAC will be full steam ahead in the not too distant future. Stay tuned!

Regards,

Poodroo

P.S. The next meetings will be held on the 1st. Sunday of every month.
    Last edited by Poodroo; 20-08-2007 at 06:50 AM.

Thanks Andrew and thanks again to kingtin for the sausage rolls and pies. How did you know that they are my favourites

Ed

yeh thanks again guys, i had to fill up on sausage rolls from brumbies about 2 hours before hand didnt i...that old AFL add springs to mind now....something about going easy on the sausage rolls spoken by a well fed young male, possibly me in the not to distant future if i keep up my rolled sausage intake!
    oh and also ill send out a meeting minutes during the week and i will setup a folder so as to keep a record of all correspondence, transactions and anything and everything just so we have a hard copy of information, at the next meeting i might start to pull this together. i wont ask to get the orignals of anyone just maybe a copy to store for the future
    Last edited by B_E_N; 20-08-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B_E_N View Post
    yeh thanks again guys, i had to fill up on sausage rolls from brumbies about 2 hours before hand didnt i...that old AFL add springs to mind now....something about going easy on the sausage rolls spoken by a well fed young male, possibly me in the not to distant future if i keep up my rolled sausage intake!
    oh and also ill send out a meeting minutes during the week and i will setup a folder so as to keep a record of all correspondence, transactions and anything and everything just so we have a hard copy of information, at the next meeting i might start to pull this together. i wont ask to get the orignals of anyone just maybe a copy to store for the future

No worries Ben. hey if you buy stuff to keep records etc please keep your receipts so that you can be reimbursed. (if you want to be that is). It already sounds as if you are getting into the position.

Cheers,

Poodroo

Quote Originally Posted by edleigh7 View Post
    Thanks Andrew and thanks again to kingtin for the sausage rolls and pies. How did you know that they are my favourites

Ed
    Well if sausage rolls and pies are your favourites Ed you have struck pay dirt. We have those every meeting.

Poodroo

First Sunday in September is the 2nd, Fathers Day. I won't be in town as I will be away with a work conference and I daresay most of the Dads will be with the kids that day.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Puff_Daddy View Post
    First Sunday in September is the 2nd, Fathers Day. I won't be in town as I will be away with a work conference and I daresay most of the Dads will be with the kids that day.

Beat me to it Chris. Seeing as we only just had a meeting I was thinking about making the next meeting the 1st. Sunday in October. Hope this is more suitable for everyone. By then we surely will have received the go ahead from Fair Trading and can do more forward planning.

Regards,

Poodroo

Good thinking Poodroo...I will see you guys then

Ed

Great idea Poodroo, but all i can say mate is it is going to be a lot of hard work. I was in a fishing club that holds a major event in the fishing calander and to organise the event with sponsors and publishing and ticket sales etc. is hard enough let alone getting people on the day ( at the right time) to help out.

Don't get me wrong things like this could be HUGE if you can get the right backing.

I wish you heaps of luck and don't think I'm knocking you or this project if you want any help (that i can give on situation) or what has happenend in the past in our events just pm me. but let me say public liability is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Timfishin4fun View Post
    Great idea Poodroo, but all i can say mate is it is going to be a lot of hard work. I was in a fishing club that holds a major event in the fishing calander and to organise the event with sponsors and publishing and ticket sales etc. is hard enough let alone getting people on the day ( at the right time) to help out.

Don't get me wrong things like this could be HUGE if you can get the right backing.

I wish you heaps of luck and don't think I'm knocking you or this project if you want any help (that i can give on situation) or what has happenend in the past in our events just pm me. but let me say public liability is huge.
    Thanks Tim. I know the potential that this idea has and I have every intention of making it huge now with the support from the committee we have got together. Public liability insurance is a bit of a thorn in the side these days but we will sort that out as well.
    Just a reminder to all that the next meeting will be held on the 1st Sunday of October. Will give another reminder closer to the day.

Regards,

Poodroo

Good News All,

Step 1 is now done. The QLD Office of Fair Trading today approved our application as an incorporated association. A couple of more steps administratively but we are away!!!!!

Cheers,
    Chris Ryan
    President
    Fishing for a Cause Inc.
    Cheers,
    Chris

great work Big_puff_Daddy, poodroo, edleigh7, B_E_N and everyone else hat has been apart of this and i hope all the other steps work out for use all, u all deserve a pat on the back for getting this far, probally a lot further then the other people that have tried such a difficult thing to start.

cheers tassie JR

Hi Drew and Crew

I have been VERY preoccupied with work of late and haven't had a lot of Ausfish time. Just a quick note to say well done to all and keep up the good work!

Regards

BilgeBoy