Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think loop knots suck!!

Re: I think loop knots suck!!

Aquaintances have been using Braid as a Leader does not seem to be a problem nailing Barra, Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by shaman View Post
    Could never tie a decent knot (much to my dear Dad's chagrin) except a 1/2 blood so I have always used small split rings. I always found that when I had tied off to the lure it would swim wonky.... couldn't tie my shoelaces until I was seven............. friggin mind block or something.............. my missus still hangs sh!t on me when I'm tying off a load on the ute................ embarrassing
    Hey Shaman, why not learn the truckies hitch.

Be respected by men, admired by women.

No longer will you hang your head in shame when it comes time to tie down a load on the ute or trailer.

Hey Sea-Dog, I've been shown the truckies hitch a hundred times I reckon and it just won't stick in me head.................. problem is the missus can do "the hitch" and I can't...........................

Shaman, standing on bucket [apparantly] trains you to use the momentum of the lead for spread, rather than trying to muscle it out with your deltoid - which is'nt really a pushing type muscle. That's what you get for beeing mates with human movement geek. Nice guy, but it would be more handy to be friends with a sparky or diesel mechanic.
    The truckies hitch thing buggered me for years before an old mate showed me the direction of the little loops. I know the pain of tarp-ing up & roping down the back of the Ute after an Inskip Pt. trip, with the mates around, throwing the loop the wrong way and it all turns to puss. Makes you feel like less of a man.

I have another question more about the action when luring. I find it's a lot harder to get nice small actions when the lure is closer than when it's furthur away. Now this is a big thing when i'm landbased and fishing rock walls or the snags close to me as this is where the fish usually hold. i find in these close situations the loop knots adds a lot more action from less manipulation from the rod. But does anyone have any tricks for getting a tighter or a easier way to get a better action in close instead of just being impatient and winding in?

Sergio