Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bass on fly Tournament

Re: Bass on fly Tournament

mate i hope things improve once it settles down here, there aren't alot of fish being caught after the run over the spillway.....

Hi guys just another update . Thanks for your patience we will have all details finalised (rules , entry forms ect.) by mid next week.
    There has been a change of date to , you can check it out HERE .

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Finally we have the
    RULES AND ENTRY FORMS
    Thanks again for your patience guys . There is also camping available on the waters edge , but we will have to book . any one keen for that , so we can guage numbers ?

Chris, you know I'm in. Will be rolling out the swag at the scout camp grounds with you guys.
    Cheers
    Bill

For anyone who is interested in fishing this tournament, rules and entry forms are available at the following link
    http://www.saltwaterflyfishers.org/p...ass-on-fly.php

Chris will be away for the next week or so, but anyone with questions regarding the tournament can forward their enquiries to me and I'll try to help out where I can.
    Cheers
    Bill

A Bass fly comp is a great idea...just throwing something different out there for the guys to fish!

But I must say that it isnt the first Bass fly comp...the Australian Bass Association ran some a few years back (and yes, fly was the only form of fishing allowed!). I dare say that other clubs/assoc's have done so as well.

Sorry to all if Leigh77 is correct in regards to other associations running bass on fly only comps. Not sure if the others were open to any fly angler such as this one.
    In regards to camping at the scout camp, we have just been advised that this will not be possible at this stage due to the grounds being totally booked out by someone. Sorry for any inconvience. If camping does become available, we will advise as soon as possible. Again, sorry for the inconvience.
    As for whether you can fish alone or there needs to be two in the boat, we will be discussing this at the next meeting which will be held very shortly. Will advise as soon as a fir decision is made.
    Hope to see you all there
    Bill

I've fished the Bass on fly comp at Hinze Dam a couple of years ago so it's definitely not the first

Ok, its been established that its not the first of its kind. As Chris wrote at the beggining of this thread is what he thought was a first of its kind. But thats not the point. Be great to get as many competitors along as the more competitors, the larger the donation to the stocking group will be.
    Cheers
    Bill

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] I have some regrettable yet important information about the Bass Tournament[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
    Recently Lake MacDonald had six foot of water flowing over the spillway around a month ago, this coincided with bass spawning times and as a result, the catch rates at Lake Macdonald have been pretty bloody ordinary and may take some time to recover. We (the event organisers) have reluctantly made the decision to move the event to Lake Borumba on the same day .
    This decision is still based on permission from Sun water which from all indications will not be a problem . Borumba is not an electric only dam and you can use a combustible engine, so in turn, some of the rules will change.
    This was a tough decision and one we wish we didn't have to make , but seeing as though the Bass had not read the script and proceeded over the fence we now think the event would be better for the competitors and the sponsors if some fish were caught. This in turn should see that the event will be a success in the future.
    By the way Borumba has been fishing very well for Bass of late, another advantage is there is accommodation in the form of cabins ,caravans and camping at the dam , this sure to highlight the social aspect a fair bit as a lot of people will no doubt camp there to save the drive on Sunday morning.

I apologise for any in convenience, we would appreciate your feedback.

Borumba is only a half hour drive from Lake Macdonald.[/FONT]

You can pay on the day
    The rules and entry forms will be updated on the club website ASAP

Well done fly fisho for all the effort into this aswell as sniper for keeping everyone posted. Borumba opens it up for the angler without electric outboards aswell.

Regards Nath

I agree Nath it does open it up to more people its just a shame that Maccas has gone that way . We will be donating to the Lake Macdonald Fish stocking Association as we (the club ) are non profit .
    We have had an awesome response to this comp so far , it should be an excellent turnout
    Here is some revised details and the new rules.

Hope to see some Ausfishers there .

Hi flyfisho and co well done for a hard decision I think it's the best way to go, hope others intrested in comp recieve the changed details. I'll be there saturday.

COOLA

Coola, great to hear. We've had a great response so far. The fish are on the chew too. Just hope that they read the right script for the weekend with some big bags weighed in.
    See you all there
    Bill