Thread: Trout fishing around Coffs Harbour

Trout fishing around Coffs Harbour

Haven't chased trout for a few years since moving away from Cooma but thought that I would have a go this summer in the streams around Ebor.
    If anyone has any information on where to head it would be most appreciated, if not it'll be back to the topo maps and shoe leather.

Re: Trout fishing around Coffs Harbour

Mate, the Waterways between Dorrigo and Ebor are reasonably well stocked as Fisheries Stock some of them with Browns and Rainbows yearly.

Jocks water and Majors Creek are fishing well of late. Down stream for Jocks, (Fisheries have said tha the signs telling us not to enter are UNTRUTHS) but beware of the Bulls.

Guy Fawkes in Ebor below the Pub fishes OK as well.

If there is any colour in the water you may have to use worms.

Exploration is the Key.

But I think You'll go Ok
    Rob T
    Good Luck with it.

Oh Yeh
    One of our local fellas bought home his bag limit 1@26cm, 1@32cm, 1@35cm, 1@40cm, and 1@43cm, all rainbows caught downstream of bridge on Jocks water on bait, on Saturday night.
    Watch the Bulls
    The Dutton Trout Hatchery is well wirth the visit as they give you a good idea on where to go.
    I've only given you the easey places.

Cheers
    Rob T
    Last edited by rob tranter; 14-11-2007 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks for that Rob, definitely given me enough reason to spend a little more time exploring up that way.
    You have got me worried though, usually its the snakes sunning themselves that I'm looking out for but now the bulls as well.