Thread: G Loomis Rod, gl2 or gl3?

G Loomis Rod, gl2 or gl3?

G'day all,

I have a 2-4kg baitcaster rod with just the brand name loomis on the blank. I'm not sure if it is a gl3 or gl2 blank. What do i look for to be able tell if it is a gl2 or gl3. The rod is about ten years old and was given to me by a mate. I still havent used it yet myself but intend on soon.

Cheers Adds..

Re: G Loomis Rod, gl2 or gl3?

Adds ,I've got a gl3 ( new) It has gl3 written on the blank just above the cork grip. Also not sure if gl3 or gl2 as such was around 10yrs ago.
    Anyway someone on here will know about it for sure.
    Hurry up and use it !!!! All loomis are very nice ...
    Ta

yeh i dont think gl3 was around then, but as for gl2 not sure, what colour is the blank?

whats the bloody difference? will it make that much difference to how you fish or what you catch?

Not being smart just dont understand

Mike

The blank is dark grey unpainted but held to a light or the sun it is light grey and you can see the internal binding of the blank. It's also very light.

Mike! Was just asking out of curiosity as i have a gl2 with gl2 on the blank. This one has gloomis on it and nothing else on the blank. Just like to know what ive got mate and i've heard a fair bit about gl3"s thats all.

Cheers Adds....

same here mate just dont know wasnt being rude or smart

Mike

Marlin Mike , gl2 & gl3 is a bit like an S and an SS model commodore.
    ( GTS&GT maybe)
    Top quality rods , the gl3 is the latest model and you can feel every nibble let alone a solid hit or headshakes.
    When you livebait with a mullet you can feel in the rod when the mullet farts....
    Fishing is about enjoyment ( is to me) and some people are quite willing to spend whatever to enjoy it some more, ( loomis cost forever)they don't technically catch more fish , but if you can feel more it might help some people set the hook a bit more often.
    TA

mate give these guys a call/email with any id numbers or marking on... as they are the importers of loomis rods...

http://www.ejtodd.com.au/contact.htm

or go to loomis it self

http://www.gloomis.com/

Noel

Thanks mate

If its got a model number you could work off that.

A mates got a rod similar to your description and was a cheaper blank to the gls cant remember what it was called thou - if i remember ill post it.
    Same mate has a 1-4lb GL2 and i reckon its a brilliant rod - dont know if all the gl2s feel that good

Cam
    Last edited by cammac; 20-06-2007 at 11:05 PM.

G;day all,
    Pretty sure its a gl2. Ended up getting onto mate that gave it to me and he reckons its a gl2. He had it made up from bare blank with only a gloomis sticker on it with no i.d no. If its as good as my gl2 c644 12 to 20lb rod it will be nice to have a crack with this one. Anyway thanks for your help fella's.

Cheers Adds....