Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: on Fraser once a year want quiet tyres

Re: on Fraser once a year want quiet tyres

My last 4x4 was a 99 SR5 Hilux that came with new BF Goodrich AT's. I sold it 3 years later with the same tyres after 70,000 km and they still had over 50% tread on them. They were like i had a strait road tyre on them and handled great. I spent only 5-10% of the time (5000km max) off road and on corrigated roads and they did me great. Can't speak highly enough of them. I've been told that if i were to spend a lot more time off road that the Coopers are the bees knees.

For your application I would definately go the BF Goodrich. Not the cheapest but great on peice of mind and they last for ever.

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

The only other piece of advice I'd throw in is to make sure the sidewalls are sturdy. Most sand work involves lowering the tyre pressure and if the sidewalls are soft/weak, you'll lose out eventually. If the trip is only once a year, this may not be such a problem for you.
    Paul.

Goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather, quiet on the road, good on ramps, stick like the proverbial to a blanket, and went great on Fraser towing a 1.5t boat/trailer at 20psi.