Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best red claw bait

best red claw bait

hey everyone,
    just wanna research what everyone thinks the best redclaw bait is, ive heard everything from chook pellets to cans of tuna and salmon and even boiled potato. what is the best bait to use in your pots?

Re: best red claw bait

have used fish frames, potato, and even rockmelon.theres heaps can of tuna,dog or cat food also works.cheers bdowdy

Quote Originally Posted by B_E_N View Post
    hey everyone,
    just wanna research what everyone thinks the best redclaw bait is, ive heard everything from chook pellets to cans of tuna and salmon and even boiled potato. what is the best bait to use in your pots?

a mate of mine catches tons of them using raw potatos or melon with the skin on. go figure!!!!

I use potato as well tis of cat food work but i much prefer the old spud i.m.o....
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

They seem to prefer fruit or vege over meaty stuff....but dry dog food also will catch them

I've caught redclaw with cat food and fish frames but they actually prefer to eat plant matter. I've got a redclaw in a tank at home and I usually feed it carrot, celery, apple, capsicum and zucchini. It dives on fruit and veg but only nibbles the odd bit of meat I give him. Many people use rockmelon and watermelon skins with great success and alot of people here seem to like potato. I've used chook pellets for yabbies which worked well. Try a few until you find which works best.

Tim.

Can't go past half boiled spud, raw fish of sorts and scraps from last nights dinner! Plenty of scent = Plenty of Redclaw.

During these colder months, look for shallower water... particuarly around feeder drains and creek beds.

Theo.
    TT

mmmmmmmmmm.... if it eats cat food,,,, then the best must be,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

KFC bones work a treat dead set.

Failing KFC the fall back of garfish is great and cabbage works well too

Jack

LIVER serously is the best i have got 100 redclaw and blue claw in a pot in 30min piece of cake and thats 1 pot

cheers nath

How ya living?

[ATTACH]sum[/ATTACH]

Attachment 7833

Attachment 7834this is a couple of nice cressbrook dam redclaw

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    mmmmmmmmmm.... if it eats cat food,,,, then the best must be,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    You truly one of the great thinkers on this board, choppa. It also stands to reason that if one of the furry little buggers is good then two of them...........

Old pillies, pineapple skin, spuds, watermelon skin.

A mate of mine swears that mandarin is the best bait you can get for red claw!

At Lake Tinaroo never disapointed using pillies