Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Unbiased Placcie Rod Verdict?

Re: Your Unbiased Placcie Rod Verdict?

I use a Penn Powerstick 3-5 kg class rod. Was purchased for a steal at $49.95 complete with fuji guides all mounted on the backbone. I can't fault it for the money and it has already proved itself with some good fish caught. The only thing that let me down was the reel almost siezed after a couple of blinding runs. That problem is all fixed now however and back in action.

Poodroo

A good reason we all buy from BCF rather than supporting our local fishing shop, $89 for a Berkley Dropshot compared to $129.

you just cant compete with bulk buying can ya! same thing will probably happen to the local tackle shop as the local corner store ........ gawwnnn!!
    Friendly Personalized service is got to be worth something doesnt it??
    Last edited by cammac; 16-06-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Went to BCF the morning and bought up my rig. Ended up being talked out of a Dropshot 6'6" to a SicStick 7' to get the extra casting distance while keeping the 2 pcs.

I got a 2500 Shimano Sedona reel which the guy very helpfully helped me load it up with 10lbs braid ( not fireline, can't remember brand name ) preloaded with 12lbs mono, and some 10lbs leeder.

When I get the hang of the flatties I'll get some much lighter line to put on the second spool, probably 4lbs fireline.

Sounds like a nice rig. Bring on the fish
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"