Thread: Sunny Coast Club Info

Sunny Coast Club Info

Hi guys I thought I would just keep you guys informed about whats happening with the club lately , althiugh we have our website up and running now we are a little slow in updating it , this is about to change with a few members having access to the admin things should be updated nearly daily at least weekly.

Anyway I also wanted to mention that we are holding the monthly meeting on Monday night(11th) at 7:30 the venue is the Kawana communty centre which runs off point cartwright drive behind centerlink, everyone is welcome to attend including non members and non fly fisherpeople.

The Program for this month is

1. We will be screening the full version of "Running Down The Man" a very entertaing Fly fishing DVD

2. we will be getting numbers for free casting clinics held for memebers of the club these are planned to be held at kawana on saturday afternoons . The lessons will be run by Gavin Platz a qualified FFF casting instructor and its free (normally $70 ph)

3. we will be gathering imput and ideas about (to my knowledge) the countrys first "Fly Only" Australian Bass Tournament

4. The club is running a Saratoga School over the next few months this is a great oppotunity for anyone who has never caught a Toga on fly before to get hands on info on how to do it . We have experianced memebers taking newbies to Borumba dam and actualy help them catch their first of many Togas , then we disscuss at the meeting successful techniques, flys used and were the most were seen or caught , then go back again and smash em (this is a camping trip for most but daytrippers are welcome you don't even need a boat)

5. we are going to have a fly tying demo of Toga flys used in SEQ

6. discussions on a tagging program for Long tail Tuna

7. and info on a club trip to inskip point in the next fortnight with the Gold coast club SEQFF

We have heaps of other stuff also including our Monthly raffle that has great prizes such as Shirts, tying materials and magazines , we also have the esky full of brown cordial and softdrink at bowls club prices.
    So 7:30 Kawana Community Hall this Monday Night

Also because Ausfish members are such a top bunch , I know that myself and other memebers would appreciate some feedback to this post and any ideas you might have that will aid the development of the club and ultimatly the development of the sport , we are planning on taking a much more proactive aproach with the club for all those umming and arring about having a go at fly fishing Salt or Fresh and for all you guys who have done it for years and lost faith in such a club
    I am keen to hear what you think
    thanks guys
    Chris Adams
    Secretary
    SCSWFF

http://www.saltwaterflyfishers.org/p...ge-gallery.php

Re: Sunny Coast Club Info

Oh and if anyone would like to be on the Email list for our monthly newsletter just send me your email via PM and I will add you on

mate...how do i join the club, when are your meetings etc i live in brisbane

and how do i send you a PM with my email address...pretty dumb question but i looked in help and couldn't find how?

Ed
    Last edited by edleigh7; 12-06-2007 at 09:27 PM.

Ed, PM me your Email address and I will send you the info if you like

dumb question....how do i do that, i only joined up today and i can't seem to find how to do it!!...just worked it out that ii have to have 10 posts to send a PM. Can you send me a PM with the clubs email???

Ed
    Last edited by edleigh7; 12-06-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: went into help chat board

Ed click on my name and it should say "Send Flyfisho a Private message" see how that goes

thanks for that info mate...really appreciate it, got that email and look forward to it, especially the Toga at Borumba, catchya on here later maybe
    Ed

Just a reminder Guys the club is having its Annual General Meeting this Monday (the 13th) to get a few more new faces in , we have on offer via Raffle, a half day guide with
    Saltwater Fly fishing Adventures operating out of Hervey Bay
    As well as this we will be Raffleing - Columbia Club Shirts , Magazines and fly tying materials .
    After the AGM part of the night is over we will get on with the usual itinery for the night which usually consists of a guest speaker ( Andy Vockler presentation on Christmas Island Bonefishing and Bluewater), Local species available at the moment where they are and how to catch them , upcoming trips (we are organising a club trip to Awoonga with guest speaker Johnny Mitchell), Information on the upcoming Bass on fly tournament ( we are capping entries and members will get the first chance),plus a few more regular activities , and as usuall tinnies will be available and softdrinks
    so we meet at the Kawana Community Hall at 7:30 PM Monday the 13th of August see you there

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org