Thread: Will they fit? Wheels from HILUX 03 to PRADO 04

Arrow Will they fit? Wheels from HILUX 03 to PRADO 04

I have a 2003 Hilux SR5 with 31.5 R 15 Cooper STTs and a 2004 Prado GXL with 265 17inch wheels. I believe the stud pattern is the same, but does anyone know if my 15s will fit the Prado. Doing a trip up Cooktown / Cape Flattery next weekend on motorbikes and a friend is going to drive my Prado as support vehicle (he doesn't want to drive the Hilux ). While the Prado is setup with Winch, etc it has highway tires and I would prefer the MUD tires on for this trip. Was hoping to save $1200 for new tires by swapping wheels. ANy comments?

Re: Will they fit? Wheels from HILUX 03 to PRADO 04

Stud pattern is the same, but the offset is different, the hilux's wheels will be dished out on the prado and make it look damn good assuming the brake calipers fit inside the rims, and the extra offset doesn't foul the body, tie rods, and i think the idler on those.

Only one way to find out if they fit though.....

sounds like a plan - the rolling diameter should be about the same. brake calipers would be close - I'll take to a tire place today and test it out - while let you know

thanks

Chuck 1 on and see!!! Do both front and then the back to make sure there are no hidden problems. You dont wanna leave and then find them out... Check brake calipers, tie rod ends and wheel well clerance at full lock. And binding on the rear. And you just road driving? If so, i wouldnt bother with the muds.
    BD