Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 153kg Southern Bluefin

Re: 153kg Southern Bluefin

I would have let him go........what would you do with something that size?....where would you put it ????
    ..Greg...."Termites pay the bills"..... Trailcraft 475...75 Hp E-Tec

solid fish. Would be unreal to have a good run of southerns along the east coast again....but i cant see that happening any time soon.
    Any tuna would pull an equally sized marlin backwards. Have talked to blokes who have caught 80kg yellowfin off the rocks and said it fought 10 times harder than 100kg blacks off the rocks.
    Matt

maybe the fight factor may be that the SBT goes down and just swims around around under the boat and it dont seem to matter how your try to drive off the top they end up under the boat again. Even worse when ya got a couple do circle work at the same time.
    cheers
    blaze

Does anyone know what size they stop breeding at anyway? A bloke told me today that Kingfish only live around three years. So by the time your catching 15kg kingies theyre near dead any way. If that beauty had been put back how much longer would he have lived anyway. Never caught one so i wouldnt have a clue?

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.