Thread: Bassing in Japan

Bassing in Japan

Hey guys,

I've been a bit quiet for a while as I have been working hard before and then going to Japan.

This is the only day I wet a line at a place called Lake Biwako. Its north of Kyoto and bloody huge. If you look at a map and can see all of Japan on it and an inland body of water it will be Biwa.

The day was more about the barby and Teri catching up with one of her old girlfriends than the fishing but I thought it might interest somebody on here.

I was quite impressed when a few black bass started coming to the shore as I didn't think anybody would catch a thing. One guy got a 50+cm honker and it spat the hooks at the rocks so he jumped in and tried to nab it. He had it faced in between two rocks for ages and kept fumbling around while his mate pissed himself laughing. Eventually it lept completely clear of the water and over his arm and to freedom. You could see the pain on his face. It hurts no matter what language you speak. And your mates always laugh at you.

Teri's friends husband finally got a baby and we took this happy snap. On dusk I got a popper out and thought I was going to get my first OS bragging rights when I got a big bust up behind the back treble but no hook up. Oh well.

Cheers
    Henno san

Re: Bassing in Japan

thanks for the story. Henno
    sounds like you had a good time over there
    Good to see that no matter where you go if your in trouble your mates will laugh at you.

Also good to see the bar bee is an international cooking essential.Nice to read about ya session in Japan.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

How do the bass over in japan compare to ours, do they fight just as hard? Great photos and report mate

Tim.

From what I saw yeah they go as hard as ours. The 50+ specimen definately had the same go as our bass have yeah. The ones I saw caught were just the shore based guys. I didn't see what the fight was like for the guy in the boat unfortunately.

good one mate, I always try and wet a line when I'm travelling. Caught fish that I've never seen before and prob never will again when on the move. Good to see the BBQ is an international weekend star!!
    thx for the report,
    jim